CHAPTER FIFTY-FIVE

THE MAGIC KNIGHTS WERE FOLLOWING RYUKO, who had located Finral with his ears.

"He should be nearby..." Ryuko muttered looking around.

"He's over there!" Asta said pointing to him.

Everybody ran towards him but stopped and deadpanned after seeing what Finral was doing.

"My, what cute ladies! I know a beautiful hill with flowers that remind me of you!" Finral said, flirting with two girls. "What do you say?! Want to go for a little jaunt with my spatial magic?!"

The girls on the other hand, were terrified of what was behind Finral.

Yami, who stood in the middle with Asta and Charmy on either side, glared menacingly at what seemed to be the girls.

Yoshiko, Ryuko and Ranulf stood by the side sweat dropping.

"Wha... Look what you did!" Finral cried as the girls ran off.

"Shaddup. Quit whining and take us to Kiten. Now," Yami demanded.

"Huh?! Wasn't it my day off?!"

"You don't get time off. When you die, then you can be off," Yami said glaring at him.

"Come on Finral, there's a battle going on and we need to get there right away or we could end up losing!" Ryuko said.

"A battle?!"

"C'mon mister Finral sir!" Asta pleaded.

"Laaaaaa," Charmy said.

"Whaaaat?!" Finral asked.

-&-

"It... It's the Golden Dawn! The strongest brigade's here!" Civilians shouted behind Yuno.

"Gah ha ha ha ha! Are you an advance guard for this Golden Dawn thing?!" Brocks asked. "For a kid, you're pretty good, boy!"

"What a wretched form of a shining general. That's unslightly," the lighting general said as he landed on the ground. "I can't watch this. Let me lend a hand,"

"Huh?! Lagus!" Brocks shouted surprised. "Don't horn in on my fight!! He's mine!"

"The people seem to put great trust in him," Lagus noticed.

"Lagus! Listen when I'm talking to you!" Brocks shouted.

"In that case, protect them if you can," Lagos said as he conjured up another spell. "Both the people and yourself!"

"Arrows, hm?" Yuno noticed. "Bell!"

"Yes! Finally, leave it to me!" Bell shouted.

The arrows came towards Yuno but he remained calm and collected. He raised his hand to summon his own spell.

[Wind Magic; Swift White Bow]

Yuno created a similar spell to Lagos but with wind instead of lightning. Bell huffed a large breath of air before releasing it along with the arrows. The arrows had destroyed the lightning ones and the barrier Lagos had created to keep himself and others safe.

"Inconceivable!" Lagos shouted.

'He deflected my top-speed, lightning-cloaked arrows with ease and even broke through the barrier! Who...'

"Protect them if you can...?" Yuno asked. "That's my line,"

'...on Earth is this guy?'

"Protect yourself and your companions if you can!" Yuno declared.