CHAPTER FORTY-NINE

WHILE YOSHIKO LOOKED FOR A WAY OUT, Yami decided he would encourage his subordinates.

"If that one gets outside, the temple's done for!" The priest said.

"Hey, gramps. Can you make it so that they hear us out there?" Yami asked.

"Hm? Yes... but what are you going to do?" The priest asked.

Yoshiko pinched the priest's cheeks before scribbling in her notebook.

Don't question my captain! Do what he's telling you!

The priest stared at Yoshiko before looking at Yami and nodded.

He used his magic so that Yami can speak to everyone.

"Testing, testing. One, two, three... Hey, you idiots, listen up. Somebody ugly just crashed the game. He's the Eye of the Midnight Sun leader. A man wild strong enough to go toe-to-toe with a Magic Knight captain. Plus two of the guy's underlings are over there. Here's the thing. Stuff happened and the brat and I can't get out there. But we're working on it. In other words, you do something about him,"

Even though Yoshiko wasn't there herself, she was still motivated to work harder.

"Listen up. All of you. Surpass your limits. Right here. Right now. If you die, I'll kill you," Yami said.

That was so cool!!

Yami saw her sparkling eyes before she quickly ran off, looking for ways to get out.

"Haw haw haw! I'm never thought the game would have me at the edge of my seat like this!" The priest laughed airily. "It's a game for the fate of the Underwater Temple, blast it!"

Now, the priest channelled his own voice to the mages.

"Game content changed! No time limit! To clear, defeat the eye of the Midnight Sun team!! Those who contribute to clearing will get any wish that's in my power to grant!" The priest said.

Yoshiko felt Magna's and Luck's mana spiking and she knew they were fighting Vetto. She wanted to help. She really did. It made her mad that she couldn't do anything. All she was able to do is give silent support as they fought.

"Hey, brat. Find anything yet?" Yami asked.

She shook her head sadly before rummaging through her grimoires.

That's when she felt their mana spiking more. Her eyes widen at that. They shouldn't have spiked more. That wasn't possible. But then again...

They were the Black Bulls.

And they always surpassed their limits.

She looked back at the screen only to see that they didn't even scratch him and passed out on the ground. But she knew that they hadn't given up. And if they got up before the fight ended, they would fight again.

As Vetto was about to deal the final hit, Asta came out and stopped him. Yoshiko was very glad he was there because if he hadn't...

She shook her head. It wasn't time to think of the bad. Focus on getting her and her captain/brother out. Yeah.

"That combo magic was intensely powerful and yet... they couldn't even scratch him?!" Yami asked. "Magna, Luck. You were real men! You better stand strong too, kid!"

Asta and Kiato began to fight Vetto. It was difficult because Vetto could read Ki and had great reflexes. They were both hit and flew away, crashing in the wall. Kiato passed out while Asta was still standing.

Asta began to fight him on his own. But to the count of three, Asta had lost and Vetto had him by the arm. Vetto began squeezing the arm, causing Asta to scream. But then, Asta bit him. He said something but Vetto couldn't understand him.