4.17

Chapter Sixty-Seven – The Emperor (17)

  The guards were not able to stop the assassins at first because they were far away, but now they had already reached the scene. The assassin who slashed Yan Jing Ze was slashed in the neck by the Guard Commander and fell to the ground, and the other three assassins were soon killed.

Even Chu Tinglan, was surrounded by them, and the knife was put to her neck.

The pain on his back was very painful, but his mind was not on his own injury, but looked at Chu Ting Xiu worriedly: "Ting Xiu, are you okay? Hiss..."

Hearing the words of Yan Jing Ze, Chu Ting Xiu snapped back to his senses, looking at Yan Jing Ze: "Jing Ze, you..."

Chu Ting Xiu's voice choked up, unable to speak for a while.

When Yan Jing Ze pushed him away and blocked for him, his whole mind was confused and had a feeling of disbelief.

His Majesty, how dare he block the sword for him?

Chu Ting Xiu vaguely felt something was wrong.

He knew that his Majesty had real feelings for him, but throughout the ages, for the emperor, feelings are irrelevant.

Sooner or later, His Majesty will establish a queen, will want his children, will take back the military power... It will be difficult for them to even live together in harmony in the future.

Moreover, he knows exactly what His Majesty went through when he was young... His Majesty, who was oppressed by the Empress Dowager that way, surely could not tolerate such an existence as his.

His Majesty, who was able to pretend to be timid and fearful at the age of ten to gain the throne, and then pretended for ten years in front of the Empress Dowager and one year in front of him, how could he not care for his feelings?

He simply did not dare to have the luxury.

But now...

Chu Ting Xiu suddenly realized that His Majesty might really love himself as much as he has shown.

If not, how could His Majesty have blocked the sword for him at such a critical moment before?

Realizing this, Chu Ting Xiu's eyes were incomparably sour. He should be happy, but he could not be happy, he did not even dare to move, did not dare to get up to see his majesty's wound, afraid to see the situation that he could not accept.

"Ting Xiu? Are you okay?" Yan Jing Ze then felt Chu Ting Xiu trembling underneath him and became even more worried, trying to get up – Chu Ting Xiu shouldn't be crushed by him, right?

"Jing Ze." Chu Ting Xiu hugged Yan Jing Ze in a hurry.

    Wang Zhong rushed over at this time and said: "Your Majesty... Hoo... Where's Doctor Hu? Quickly get Doctor Hu!"

The commotion here is not small, Imperial Doctor Hu, who was originally resting in the room, came out. As soon as he came out, he saw the assassin who had been hacked to death and Yan Jing Ze, who had a wound on his back and was covered in blood, and his head suddenly fainted.

"Quickly take His Majesty to the house!" Imperial Doctor Hu said, his voice changing.

What an awful thing! He thought he came over here and just needed to help His Majesty make more ointment to increase his lovemaking, but he never thought he would encounter this kind of thing.

If something happens to His Majesty, he will definitely not survive!

Doctor Hu wanted to cry.

Hearing the words of Doctor Hu, there were guards who wanted to carry Yan Jing Ze.