7.5-7.6

Chapter 129 – Rogue Scholar (5)

It was late in the evening but the streets in the county seat of Donggu County are still lively—people from nearby farmhouses who work in the county seat will always buy something before going home.

Yan Jing Ze rushed to the night market, bought all the pots and pans, and bought some rice, vegetables, and meat dishes. The money was almost spent.

Can't go on like this...

Yan Jing Ze put the things he bought into the pot and walked back with the pot. While walking, he thought about what he could do to make money.

At the age of thirteen or fourteen, the original owner went to the casino to collect debts for the casino.

The casino knows the net worth of gamblers very well. When they meet someone with a little money in the family, they will encourage them to borrow a lot of money from the casino, and then let the thugs go to their houses and collect it. When the money is collected, thugs like the original owner can also divide a sum.

In addition, the original owner can also eat for free in the casino and it does not matter if you want to sleep in the casino at night... If it weren't for this, the original owner, this person who spent the money immediately, would have long been unable to survive!

In fact, doing this work can make a lot of money, but Yan Jing Ze really doesn't want to bully people.

In this case, if he wants to make money, he can only go to the dock in the county seat to help people carry the sacks.

The original owner started eating and drinking at the casino at the age of 13 or 14 and developed himself into the strongest man in Donggu County. If he goes to the dock to carry sacks with such a physique, others can only carry one bag but he can carry two bags at once. He should be able to make a lot of money but this can only make him and Wei Lingxiu have enough to eat and drink. It is difficult to live a better life.

"Yan Da!" A voice suddenly sounded.

Yan Jing Ze turned his head and saw a manager of the casino where the original owner worked looking at himself with an old smoking pipe. He smiled as he answered, "Manager Li."

Manager Li was chubby and looked very kind. He pinched a handful of shredded tobacco from his pocket and put it into the buzzer, and took a sip: "Yan Da, I heard you got some money? Will you come to play at night?" Manager Li is very fond of Yan Da. In the past, if you ask Yan Da to collect debts, there is nothing he can't get. Even better, if you offer him a reward, the money would be in the casino's hands within two days.

In the past few months, Yan Da has a lot of money, and even lost 700-800 taels of silver in the casino... Who doesn't like such a person?

"Manager Li, there is someone in my family, so I won't come tonight and won't come again." Yan Jing Ze smiled sensibly: "I want to live a good life."

These days, those who can open casinos have a little background. There are people behind the casino where the original owner worked. It is the Li family who is not weaker than Wei's in Donggu County.

In recent years, the Li family is more powerful than the Wei family—the master bookkeeper of Donggu County is from the Li family.

Moreover, the Li family is thriving, there are many small officials in the county office, all of them are Li family members.

It is precisely because of this that the Li family can open the casino so big, and also because of this that the Li family has some rules. For example, it stipulates that thugs like the original owner can use various methods when collecting debts, but normally you can't make a move on ordinary people, lest you make a scene and drag the casino and the Li family into it.