7.12

Chapter 136 – Rogue Scholar (12)

The bookstore shopkeeper gave Li Xiucai a deep look and asked, "Do you know Yan Da?"

Li Xiucai said, "You mean the bastard who abducted the young master of the Wei family?"

As a casino thug, Yan Da did not interact with scholars like Li Xiucai before. Li Xiucai devoted himself to reading and didn't really know this person before.

But recently he became aware of him.

The youngest master of the Wei family actually followed a scoundrel and ran away... In Donggu County, no one doesn't know.

He also doesn't know why the Wei family did not cover it up...

"I heard that this Yan Da is a casino thug, always beating people!"

"Why did the boss ask about him?"

"It's a pity that Wei Lingxiu is willing to fall..."

......

Several xiucai other than Li Xiucai have made a few remarks.

This bookstore is owned by the Wei family in the capital and the shopkeeper who came from a side branch of the Wei family also has the surname Wei. At this moment, Shopkeeper Wei glances at these scholars meaningfully and said: "If you want calligraphy, I have to ask first."

"Can there be a reply in more than a few days?" Li Xiucai asked.

"You wait in the store and you will get an answer soon," Shopkeeper Wei said.

"Is he in the store?" Li Xiucai was surprised.

Shopkeeper Wei nodded and took the "Three Character Classic" returned to him by Li Xiucai and went into the backyard.

When he entered, Yan Jing Ze was copying a famous comment on "University".

Shopkeeper Wei leaned over and saw a surprisingly good handwriting.

Shopkeeper Wei is literate but he has no academic title. He let Yan Jing Ze copy books in the bookstore because he also wanted to make a good connection but because he was afraid of trouble, he never publicized it.

Unexpectedly, Yan Jing Ze could actually write such characters...

Shopkeeper Wei said: "Yan Jing Ze, I have something to ask for you."

"What's the matter, shopkeeper?" Yan Jing Ze asked, not copying the book after speaking, but took a travel note next to it and read it.

He always wants to learn more.

Shopkeeper Wei asked, "How did you write this character?" Although he could not read, he still has the ability to appreciate.  Yan Jing Ze's handwriting is really good!

If not, those xiucai would not have thought it was written by a calligraphy master.

"Practiced according to that unsold writing outside," Yan Jing Ze said.

Shopkeeper Wei: "..." The writing outside is actually not an authentic copy of the previous dynasty's calligraphy master, but a fake. But it is enough even if it is fake, it is still very valuable, and it is the treasure of their shop.

"What's the matter?" Yan Jing Ze looked at Shopkeeper Wei and suddenly realized something: "Someone saw my writing?"

Shopkeeper Wei didn't conceal it, he directly told the situation outside, and also said that they had returned the Three Character Classic back.

"Who are those few xiucai?" Yan Jing Ze asked.

Shopkeeper Wei talked about their identities—he basically knew all the scholars in Donggu County.