Chapter 46

Chapter 46: The Man in the Mirror

    After leaving, Lin Zhuo returned to the cave, lying on the stone bed, tossing and turning.

    Really white cat? Fake white cat? There was always something about Shen Lingshuang's words that made her feel strange, but she couldn't grasp the most critical point.

    Taking the cat out to pick mushrooms... sounds weird, but it should be.

    Shen Lingshuang doesn't seem like a liar, and there is no need to lie to her about this... No! A light flashed in Lin Zhuo's mind.

    What if Xuanli revealed his real body in front of Shen Lingshuang? It is not impossible for Xuanli to force Shen Lingshuang to cover him in the name of Zhenjun! Picking mushrooms is true, but taking cats is false.

    When Shen Lingshuang summoned the cat from the spirit animal bag just now, she put her hand into the bag—if there was really a cat in the bag, why would she do that? It must be something she was holding in her hand, and she had used an illusion to create the illusion that the cat was lying tightly on her arm.

    Moreover, Shen Lingshuang hugged the cat very tightly. She was so ashamed at that time that she didn't look at the whole picture of the cat carefully.

    Thinking back to the details of the cat now, it is clearly like a wax figure. The hair looks fluffy at first glance, but in fact it is always fixed, and does not move because of Shen Lingshuang's movements... Lin Zhuo patted himself on the forehead: I just thought of it now, why? So stupid! The little flame of revenge in her heart is burning brightly: next time, she must take off her vest on the spot, and leave nothing behind! Lin Zhuo tossed and thought about various strategies for stripping the vest, and suddenly remembered that the next day was the opening of the market.

    She thought to herself: Harvesting points is the serious business, put the vest aside for now.

    So she stopped her wild thoughts and fell into a deep sleep.

    ...The next day, before the opening of the market, Lin Zhuo rushed to the valley ahead of time.

    In the valley, the formation has been set up, and Tang Hong and Nie Zhan are still guarding outside.

    Lin Zhuo walked towards Tang Hong, Tang Hong watched her approaching, and turned around in a daze, leaving only the back of her head.

    "What's the matter, Xiaotang?" Lin Zhuo said, "Who made you angry?" Tang Hong's face was black and he didn't answer, Nie Zhan said with a half-smile: "It's far away in the sky, but it's close in front of us."

    Lin Zhuo frowned and looked at him: "Why did you bully Xiaotang?" Nie Zhan waved his hand quickly: "It's not me, I'm wronged!" He raised his eyebrows and looked at Lin Zhuo, pinching his throat to imitate Tang Hong's words: "Hmph, just left without saying a word , I didn’t cook candied haws, grilled quail, or fried loach as promised!” Lin Zhuo heard this, and then remembered that he didn’t say goodbye to Tang Hong when he left last time, and he didn’t fulfill the promise he made.

    She smiled apologetically, reached out and rubbed Xiaotang's head: "I'm sorry, I left because... Sister Shuang doesn't like me."

    She lowered her head, looking very depressed: "She kicked me out on the spot, I was sleeping, and even people and straw mats were thrown out by me."

    Lin Zhuo was pitiful, opened his eyes and said nonsense: "I'm driving people away like this, I definitely can't stay cheeky, right? I can only go back to the cave , go to sleep on that cold and hard stone bed..." Her voice became lower and lower, Tang Hong thought she was going to cry, so she turned around anxiously: "Senior Sister Lin, don't be sad, I can take advantage of Sister Shuang's absence Secretly let you in..." "Ahem!" Nie Zhan suddenly coughed violently.