Season 1: Episode 28 - The End of the Shadow War Part 4

Episode 28 – The End of the Shadow War Part 4

After Donald's most Ultimate attack: The Zettaflare spell completely shatters the barrier and blew Magica away Scrooge, Mickey, Goofy, Minnie, Daisy, Huey, Dewey, Louie and Webby are lying on the ground. They painstakingly lift themselves back up to see Magica nowhere in sight, causing them to cheer with joy.

Scrooge: Ha ha!

Goofy: Oh boy!

Huey: Alright!

Dewey: Duck Family victorious!

Minnie: We've won!

Webby: We did it!

Mickey: Well done! Magica's been defeated!

Louie: That was amazing Uncle Donald!

No response is coming from Donald who still has Save the Queen outstretched as sparkles of light leave his body. He's gone from his 100% true power form back to his base state, though leftover electricity crackles around him.

Dewey: Uncle Donald?

Daisy: Donald?

Donald feels light and energy leave his body and the electricity soon disappears. The spell was so powerful it has taken a huge toll on him. As a result he drops Save the Queen which disappears when it hits the floor and he collapses on his chin in exhaustion much to everyone's horror.

Scrooge: Nephew!

Mickey, Goofy, Minnie & Daisy: Donald!

Dewey, Huey, Louie & Webby: Uncle Donald!

They all rush over to him and Scrooge bends down to turn him over. Donald is looking quite banged up and unresponsive so they all try to shake him awake. The kids and Daisy are in tears.

Dewey: Uncle Donald, wake up! We won! Wake up!

Huey: Come on, stay with us, please!

Louie: Don't leave us Uncle Donald! We don't wanna lose you!

Webby: Please! Wake up! I've already lost Lena! I don't want to see you die too!

Mickey: Donald! You've gotta wake up pal!

Minnie: Please! Say something Donald!

Goofy: You gotta stay strong buddy!

Scrooge: Donald! Laddie, wake up! I will not lose you like I lost Della! Don't you die on us now!

Daisy practically moves everyone out of the way and desperately shakes Donald by his shoulders while everyone else watches in grim and grave concern.

Daisy: Donald! DONALD! PLEASE, WAKE UP! THIS ISN'T FAIR! WE FINALLY WON! YOU CAN'T DIE! YOU JUST CAN'T! DONALD PLEASE DON'T LEAVE US! DON'T LEAVE ME! I'M BEGGING YOU, PLEASE!

Donald doesn't respond and his head just drops back, causing Daisy to gasp and everyone assumes the worst. Webby and Minnie have their hands in front of their beak/mouth in shock while the men could only stare on a combination of shock and sadness. They won the fight against Magica. But it didn't mean anything…victory absolutely feels meaningless if a beloved family member died and was sacrificed in the process.

Daisy could only stare at Donald's somewhat lifeless body, her beak and eyes trembling before slowly welling up and releasing tears. She sobs and nuzzles Donald's cheek before pulling back and deciding to sing in hopes of rousing her boyfriend.