Season 2: Episode 31 - Glomtales Part 1

Episode 31 – Glomtales Part 1

It's been a day since the Timephoon, a day since Della grounded and slapped Louie for taking the Timetub and almost destroying time, space and family despite his sincere apology. He is sat on his bed sulking with pretty nothing to do but hate his mother for taking away Louie incorporated and hurting him physically by slapping him and emotionally by not forgiving him. He tries to be optimistic though.

Louie: OK, being grounded forever isn't so bad. He gets out his phone. I've got my phone; my phone is also a TV, which is nice.

He proceeds to watch videos only to find one with Della waving before bringing out a book.

Della (video): Hi, Louie! You're super grounded, so I blocked your phone signal and replaced all your videos with this lecture on ethics!

Louie: Way of ahead of you! He grabs Huey's Waddle pad. Thank you, Huey.

Once again she sees Della's face mocking him.

Della: Nice try. The dictionary defines grounding as-

Louie: Oh man…

He throws the pad away, not wanting to listen to his mother's voice.

Scrooge: Hurry up kids! Adventure calls, and I've got a bet to win!

Louie looks out the window to see everyone prepping up for an adventure.

Louie: Well, at least I can skip out on another insanely dangerous adventure- wait.

He notices something different about the preparations.

Louie: Huey is tying up some Hobo bindles. Hobo bindles? Webby checks off cans of beans. Cans of beans? Launchpad is singing a tune near the jeep. A CAREFREE ATTITUDE!? He runs out his room. They are NOT!

For this occasion Huey punches a hole though his cap, representing a real need to be casual. Webby and Scrooge (holding a hobo bindle) walk over.

Huey: Uncle Scrooge, your bet with Glomgold is over in two days. You clearly have more money than he does. Doesn't this seem, I dunno, mean?

Scrooge: I didn't come this far by not hunting for treasure, so to guarantee my victory we are going after the Hobo King's Ruby Bindle.

Dewey: Dewey pops up the jeep window. We're going where there are cherry Pep springs and the conman sings!

Scrooge: Where the gold geyser spews cash just for youse!

Della: Della giddily runs over. Where all your laziest, schemiest dreams come true!

Louie: YOU'RE HEADING TO BIG ROCK CANDY MOUNTAIN! They see Louie standing out the door, outraged. OH, I AM GOING!

Della is angry to see Louie out of his room and demanding to come with them. She shakes her head.

Della: No, you are still grounded.

Louie: Louie runs up to face his Mom, upset she's taking another dream from him. WHAT!? NO! WHAT!?

Scrooge: Eh…come on kids, let's finish packing.

Scrooge and the kids leave Della and Louie alone, not wanting to make this awkward.

Louie: Big Rock Candy Mountain is the laziest quest of all time! It's my DREAM!

The giddy look on Louie's face just makes Della more furious.

Della: Your last dream made you take treasure from the past which almost destroyed time, space and your family! She points up. Now to your room! She angrily escorts a furious Louie back to the mansion. You can come out when you learn that no good ever came from cockamamie schemes!