Season 2: Episode 9 - What Ever Happened to Della Duck! Part 1

Episode 9 – What Ever Happened to Della Duck! Part 1

We go back 10 years ago when Della Duck…twin sister of Donald Duck, daughter of Quackmore and Hortense and niece of Scrooge finds herself struggling for survival after stealing the Spear of Selene and crash landing on the moon. With the rocket badly damaged and out of fuel she can't make it back home on Earth, unable to see her kids or the damage she's done to her family.

Her left leg up to her knee got crushed in the crash, forcing her to amputate it and replace it with a metal one made out of scraps of rocket parts and breathes on the moon by chewing on Gyro's Oxy-chew gum (which has a horrible black liquorice taste). Now she tries to try out different methods of getting back home. Despite sending transmission (which she doesn't know no one is receiving) no one is able to pinpoint that she's on the moon. The ridiculous method of jumping back to Earth was a fail and her makeshift signal to grab attention 9 months after the crash was a complete failure due to the disturbance of the Moon Mite which keeps stealing her rocket metal much to her dismay.

Seeing that she can't get anyone's attention she resorts to drastic measures: rebuilding the Spear of Selene and that is no easy task due to Gyro's insult causing her to tear the instruction book and the bad luck she has that's somewhat similar to her brother. She takes advantage of the Moon's weightlessness to rebuild her ship, getting electrocuted, partially frozen and almost crushed in the process. Unfortunately without instructions and guidance the rocket is a mess and only ends up collapsing in on itself.

With no other choice left she puzzles the Spear of Selene Manual back together and reads the instruction this time. Of course she realizes it's going to take a lot longer than she thought due to how boring and hard it is to understand.

3 years after her crash on the moon, Della continues trying to make repairs and this time she's met with better success. With the guidance she's got from the instruction manual the reconstruction of the Spear of Selene is going better. It's long but it's half complete now.

Della walks across a bridge she created connected to the rocket.

Her hair is long, her shorts are ragged, and her jacket's right sleeve is gone leaving bandages on her wrist and a makeshift brown fingerless glove.

She has her goggles on as she drills a large part of the rocket into one of its side. When she's done with it she lifts her goggles up in satisfaction.

Della: Perfect! Finally, I'm getting somewhere! It's taken me a while but this baby is finally half complete. Soon I'll be able to get off this space dump and get back home to my family! She excitedly raises her fists in the air. Nothing can stop me now!

She hears a bit of a rumbling from below which angers her to no end and she throws up her hands in frustration.

Della: OH COME ON! She runs over to edge to glare down at the grounds. Doesn't that annoying Moon Mite ever know when to-?!

€She gasps in shock to see that it isn't the Moon Mite but something else. Orbs of dark light kept fluctuating near the rocket and she has to admit, she is really freaked out right now.*

Della: What the quack!?

She jumps down and due to the moon's weightless gravity she lands safely on the ground to get a closer look at the orbs. It was at that moment the orbs form into Heartless ranging from Shadows, Neoshadows, Spiked Crawlers, Large Bodies, Surveillance Robots and Hammer Frames. She steps back in shock at the sight of these creatures that she's never seen before.

Della: What are these things!?

Then to her greatest shock a massive barrier forms around the crater she lives in.