Season 2: Episode 34 - Whatever Happened to Donald Duck! Part 1

Episode 34 – Whatever Happened to Donald Duck! Part 1

On the moon Lunaris stands on his statue giving a speech to the crowd of Moonlanders below him.

Lunaris: Mighty Moonlanders, you who were betrayed by our so-called "friend" Della Duck from the foul and pathetic Earth. The Moonlanders boo in hatred for Earth. Now we have captured a cunning Earth spy who has confirmed our greatest fears: the Earthers plan to invade! The crowd gasps in horror at these lies. Behold, the most dangerous threat we've ever faced:

Lunaris motions to Donald (still in his world travelling attire) who is being dragged by Penumbra via his half torn cape.

Lunaris: The Legendary Donald Duck! The brother of the traitor Della Duck!

Donald's head bolts up from hearing that name.

Donald: DELLA!? Where!? Penumbra throws him down next to Lunaris. HEY! WHAT'S THE BIG IDEA!?

Moonlander: What did he say!?

Lunaris: He said…'DEATH TO THE MOON!'

They gasp in horror once more and Lunaris holds up Donald, making him quack and thrash about in anger.

Lunaris: This my fellow warriors is why we must strike first! Lunaris shuts his beak with a mouth clamp. Now that Earth's greatest defender/warrior is on our planet, we must make the first move before it's too late! For we are the mighty! WE ARE THE MOON!

The crowd victoriously chants 'We are the Moon' as Donald is dropped down and comically tries to push the clamp off his beak.

Lunaris: Please, this victory belongs to the champion of the Moon, Lieutenant Penumbra. She walks up. She discovered the Earthers plan to invade us which is why I am promoting her to Captain.

Lunaris places a new compartment above Penumbra's gem but she's uncertain. They whisper.

Penumbra: But sir, that's a lie!

Lunaris: They don't know that. Listen. They both listen to the people chanting her name. You're a hero again. Isn't that what you wanted?

Penumbra nods with a nervous smiles but looks on in concern.

(Insert Ducktales Theme)

Dewey and Webby have been obsessively looking for a new mystery to solve now that the Spear of Selene investigation is over and Della has returned. It doesn't look like they'll find one though.

Scrooge: An adventure has to "call" to you. You cannae just go around making up mysteries.

Webby: We spent so much time on the mystery of the Spear of Selene. Now that Della's back, we're hungry for a new epically complex, multi-part family mystery to solve.

Scrooge: Are you sure it isn't an excuse for you two lovebirds to spend some quality Dewey and Webby time together.

Dewey and Webby look to each other sheepishly smiling and blushing.

Dewey: That…may be part of the reason.

Webby: Yeah. It's hard not to want to spend time with Dewey.

She gives a kiss on the cheek that makes Dewey redder. Huey passes by with a postcard.

Huey: Huh…my postcard to Uncle Donald was returned. That's weird.

Dewey and Webby gasp, the latter placing a hand on his shoulder and the former holding it.

Dewey: You hear that Webby?