Season 2: Episode 16 - Huey and Violet

Episode 16 – Huey and Violet

It's a bright, sunny day and today is Huey's date with Violet…his first ever date in his life and he's really anxious about how it will go. He's outside the public library standing in front of the limo. Launchpad is in the driver's seat giving Huey advice.

Huey: Thanks for dropping me off Launchpad.

Launchpad: No problem. So Hu, you all set to go out on your first date with Violet…the first date ever in your life?

Huey: Gee I'm not sure LP. This is one of the most important days in my life. You think I'm ready for this?

Launchpad: Launchpad happily jerks a thumb at himself. Hey, take it from a guy who's dated many interesting women, you'll be just fine! Just remember the first thing that comes to fairing is...

A truck comes by playing music and Launchpad bursts out the door, gasping in happiness.

Launchpad: Ice cream! He chases after it. Come back! Don't make me jog!

Huey watches with an odd look. Quackfaster arrives next to him holding a pile of books, having watched the whole thing.

Quackfaster: Why's your pilot friend chasing after the Spray and Neuter van?

Huey: Huey shrugs. You got me. (1)

Quackfaster walks into the library, leaving Huey on his own. For a couple of minutes he's been nervously walking back and forth.

Huey: Okay, Huey, be cool. It's just the first ever date you're going in your entire life. Just stay calm and everything will be alright. He tents his fingers nervously. I just hope I don't mess things up. He places his hands nervously on his head. But wait…I'm not very good with social interaction or romantic interaction for that matter. Then again…Violet's never been on a date either and she has us as her own true friends. Okay, I gotta remember Junior Woodchuck rule 177: When in a romantic situation always be yourself! He pumps his fists in determination. You can do this Hubert! I wonder if she'll even come. He scoffs at himself. Of course she will, we're Woodchucks and a Woodchuck must never be late!

As if on cue a car pulls up across the roads and out comes Violet who is waving goodbye to her fathers before they drive off. He excitedly waves at her.

Huey: Hey! Violet!

Violet: Violet becomes happy at the sight of her boyfriend. Hubert!

She runs across the street to kiss Huey across the cheek, causing him to blush.

Violet: I see you arrived here nice and earlier.

Huey: A Woodchuck must never be late after all.

Violet: Agreed. So then, are you ready for this date? They each look at each other with nervous smiles.

Huey: I think so. What about you?

Violet: I believe I'm also ready. Though, I have to admit I'm a little nervous as to how things will play out. This is my first date after all.

Huey: Yeah, I know how you feel there. This is my first date too and I can't help but feel a little anxious.

Violet: Then I have a feeling I may enjoy this.

Huey: Huey sniffs in a sweet aroma coming. Mmm. That's a sweet aroma. Whatever perfume you used on yourself really makes you smell nice, Vi.

Violet: Violet blushes and giggles. Thank you. And might I say, you're looking quite handsome today.

Huey: Oh! Thanks Vi.