Movie 1: The Tale of the Duck Twins Part 4

Ducktales – Tales of the Duck Twins Part 4

A few hours later, the family find themselves in the hospital. The parents had been rescued but were badly injured from the flames, smoke and soot and there's the wound Quackmore got from the now dead Grandpappy Beagle. The family are waiting anxiously outside the room. Matilda has her hands tearfully clasped together, Ludwig tries to comfort her, Scrooge is just in a state of shock and panic and Donald and Della are extremely worried and anxious.

Della: Uncle Scrooge! They're going to okay, right?

Donald: Yeah! Our mom and dad are gonna make it, aren't they.

Scrooge: Of course they will. This is the best doctor in Duckburg. They're going to do everything they can.

Matilda: This just doesn't seem real.

One of the doctors come out of the room and takes of his mask. The family gets up, eager to hear the results.

Scrooge: Doctor, how are they holding up?

Matilda: Are Hortense and Quackmore going to make it? The doctor's grim expression was not a good sign.

Doctor: I'm truly sorry. We've done all we could but…the both of them breathed in too much soot and smoke when they were stuck in the fire and their injuries are too severe for us to save them. I'm not sure how long they both have but…I think you should come say your final goodbyes.

This shatters everyone's reality and one by one they all open their mouths in horror. They walk inside the room and they look at both Quackmore and Hortense Duck. The both of them are covered in bandages under their hospital gowns as they lie together on the bed covered in a large blanket. Their faces are covered plasters and the heart monitors beep is slowly weakening. Donald and the rest look at them with tearful expressions.

Matilda: Oh my gosh! I can't believe this is happening!

Scrooge: I'm afraid it is Matilda. The damage is far too severe to heal. Donald and Della go right beside their parents and cry over them.

Della: Mom! Dad! Please wake up!

Donald: Dammit! Mom! Dad! You can't die! You can't!

They see their mouths beginning to move and their eyes slowly opening. They see the adults first.

Hortense: Scrooge, Matilda, Ludwig. Is that you?

Matilda: Yes sister.

Quackmore: Are…the kids safe?

Donald: Tears stream down the kids' faces. Yes Dad. We are.

Hortense: I suppose the doctors gave you the bad news.

Della: Mom. Dad. Please, don't die. Please don't leave us…

Hortense: Hortense gently caresses Della's cheek. It's okay dear. Everything will be alright. Be safe Della. Go and achieve your dreams. Go see what the world has to offer to your hearts content. Della is quietly sobbing and hugs her mother just as Donald has a final conversation with his father.

Donald: Dad…

Quackmore: Quackmore smiles at his son. Yes son…

Donald: Donald struggles to speak through his tears but gains the courage to let it out. I don't hate you. Quackmore shakes his head weakly to assure him all is forgiven.

Quackmore: No, no, no. I'm so sorry Donald.

Donald: I'm the one who's sorry Dad. I never should have said that. I never should've run away. If I hadn't, this never would've-!