Chapter 1

"I'll cancel your engagement."

Demimores' pretty, sleek eyebrows rose at my words.

As my fiancé and childhood friend I have known for a long time, that habit comes out when things don't go his way. That means Demimore doesn't like the situation right now, but I just can't understand it.

He was obviously in love with another woman, that's why he should happily accept my offer, but his expression......

Gulp.

"You're going to leave just like that?"

His voice sank as still and cold as white snow. I couldn't figure out why he was so angry. Ha, after a deep sigh, he raised his head again and spoke with a smile that made his eyes curved.

"Mary, I'm going to be really angry."

"......."

Oh, I think you're already mad.....

"Please let me breathe."

He took a step closer to me, he buried his face on my shoulder and murmured quietly.

He rubbed his face between my shoulder and neck like a big dog acting cute, and his voice sounded sad for some reason. At the voice, I raised my left hand and stroked his back to comfort him without realizing it.

What did I do?

The breakup was definitely what you wanted!

***

"Wow, damn it."

Standing among the children screaming for a quick fight, I was stunned for a moment.

Even after being reborn, I'm still an orphan.

The memory of my past came back thanks to the fact that I almost broke my head after I was pushed back and fell to the floor while fighting with Brian.

***

The best novel selected by koreans.

Come to think of it, I and Ha So-hee were already born that way. My parents died in an accident less than a year after I was born. All I had left was a gold ring that my parents had prepared for my first birthday.

After the death of my grandmother, who cared for me until I was seven years old, there were no relatives who wanted to take care of me. Because I'm an unlucky kid who kills everyone around me.

"Look at the way her eyes are raised! After all, unlucky children are different."

"She must have been cursed."

"She looks like a hoe."

I thought silently while crouching in the corner of the funeral hall and listening to the chatter. If my parents and grandmother are dead because I'm a curse child, I'd really like to go around their houses and crush everything.

Looking at me staring into the air without crying, my relatives whispered again, "she's too strong to even cry."

Would my dead grandmother be resurrected just because I cried? Then I'd cry even 5,000 times. I could cry enough to fill this funeral home with tears.

However, I remembered my maternal grandmother's words that I shouldn't keep crying. When you cry.... people see you as weak. I didn't want to look weak in front of people who are raving about my cat eyes or curses now.

In the meantime, my uncle offered to take care me.

I couldn't figure out why my uncle suddenly offered to take care of me even after seeing my aunt's unwilling expression, but I still felt a vague sense of gratitude.