Chapter 30

What am I supposed to do when you suddenly tell me I have a younger brother?....

A rebellious thought flashed past me for a moment, but I tried to relax my eyes and smile as much as I could.

I have a cat eye, so it might be scary for a child to see.

I raised my hand and waved it slightly because I thought he would be relieved if I greeted him warmly.

But his eyes that looked at me were full of vigilance that overshadowed my efforts.

Seeing the look in his eyes, I couldn't say hello, so I put my hand down awkwardly.

As if he sensed the awkward atmosphere between the two children, Grand Duke Estin spoke again.

"Rex Bluea."

"......."

"She's your older sister."

Again, what do you want me to do if you suddenly tell him I'm his older sister?

Rex, who was standing behind Lucas' legs, turned his head to the left and stared at me and nodded his head lightly.

Well, Lucas is easy to be with, especially if Grand Duke of Estin is next to him.

"Since the two of you are the same age, I hope you can get along well!"

"Oh, yes...."

Lucas, who was smiling brightly without knowing what I was thinking, applauded.

Rex didn't answer at all, unlike me.

He was just staring at the marble floor.

Hmm....... He's on high alert.

Even though I lived in an orphanage and have faced various children, I am not confident in approaching him.

Well, the kids there don't have magic abilities, and not everyone liked me.

Yeah, there were kids who didn't like me.......

"Rex, are you feeling unwell?"

Lucas sat on his knees and looked at Rex's face, as if he was quite bothered by Rex hiding behind him quietly.

Lucas has a very friendly personality, and he himself grew up in the Grand duchy, he must be worried about Rex coming here at a very young age.

Rex shook his head at Lucas' friendly voice.

However, there was still a hint of anxiety on his face.

I wonder if I can get along with him......?

***

On the news that all the Kaisham bugs in the garden were eradicated, Bonita and I were able to come out to the garden.

I heard that Kaisham was a very strong bug, but it was fortunate that it was eradicated faster than I thought.

Hestia smiled and told me the news about the eradication in a pretty tired voice

"I've mobilized a group of knights. So, it ended quickly."

It seemed to be a very troublesome bug, considering that the Knights were mobilized to exterminate the bugs.

I suffered from a high fever after getting bitten by the bug, so the sooner they get rid of them, the better.

Today, Bonita laid a mat on the lawn, I laid down there and read a picture book.

I had never been properly educated, so I was learning letters little by little from Lucas.