Chapter 85

It was such a dreary and grotesque voice. I could sense his steadfast determination to take me with him. I put my hands over my ears because I could no longer bear to listen. But it was in vain. I heard his tenacity in my head, not in my ears.

"Let's go, Mary. Please. Let's go."

This was undoubtedly the work of the devil.

"Come, come with me."

A phrase heavy with love

"Let's go, Mary. Let's go."

I'm not sure why, but as I'm listening to the director, the poem and the lake come to mind. I started getting goosebumps all over. When the director looked at me and laughed, I felt as though a powerful wind was passing through my body, draining me of all of my strength. I flopped down. The director came to a halt as he approached me. The voice that kept saying, "Let's go," ceased.

"Do you really think they love you?"

I nodded as vigorously as I could. Yes, yes, my father loves me as well as Gilbert, Aiden, Theodore, Lucas and Hestia.

"You saw, Mary."

"You know that."

"What do you..."

"The End of Mary."

I raised my head. As opposed to earlier, when he made a big deal out of taking him, the director's voice did not sound depressed. Instead, it was calming and pleasant. However, this side was more bizarre. How many personalities do you have?

While I was unconscious, the director appeared to be aware that I had a dream. What do you know so far? How do you know that, too? Mary's downfall. Are you aware that I am not Mary at this point? I have to pull myself together. I firmly bit my lip.

"What do you know?"

"I saw it, I saw it."

"Who are you?"

"If you do something wrong, they will abandon you."

"Who are you?"

"Poor Mary. That family, too."

I began scanning the ground for something I could use to strike him. I can't stand it. I was itching to strike him at least once. It was better when he was like a parrot. I wanted to use force to shut his mouth. I was in such a desperate situation. The sensation of an intangible voice gripping my heart was both humiliating and repulsive. I'd rather be humiliated at Lausanne's salon or bet a hundred times with Cameron. It's better to roll in an orphanage.

"But do they really love you?"

I gave up looking for a stone, stood still, and fixed my eyes on the director. I felt rather calm when I made eye contact with the director.

"Who are you?"

"It must have been hard."

"You're not the director, who are you?"

"How can you say it's love?"

"Who are you?"

The person speaking in front of me right now is not the director. This person who is speaking out of the director's mouth...... It's that person. The person who left me to the director and set up this situation. He's the one who really wants to take me somewhere.

The man continued to give me irrelevant answers regardless of how I posed my questions. What does this person want? Taking me along with him? Why is he fixated on me so much?

"They sacrificed your mother, too."

"What do you mean...."

I unintentionally walked up to the man when he mentioned the word "mother." Why do you say that?