Chapter 31

"I'm sorry...."

"Are you okay?"

When Rex looked completely calm, Bonita pulled a handkerchief out of her pocket and carefully wiped Rex's face.

Rex, who was quiet as he received the touch, pinched his fingers at Bonita's question

I wanted to ask if he had any bad memories about his hair color, but I just waited for Rex's answer because I thought he would suddenly cry again.

"For crying all of a sudden ......."

"......."

"I've never received such a compliment before....."

"......?"

"......I've always envied Miss Mary's black hair."

When did you see me?

Rex's slightly visible cheeks, which bowed shyly even as he spoke, were red.

Even though black hair is rare in this world, is it enough to make him cry like this?

I narrowed my eyes and looked at Rex, as if he was hiding something, but the child didn't seem to want to raise his head.

"Sigh."

Watching the scene, I sighed without realizing it.

Come to think of it, I didn't do anything wrong, but I felt frustrated and pitiful looking at him.

No, he's here because of his ability.

"Hey, Rex."

As I carefully called his name, I noticed his body flinched.

It's not like I'm going to eat you or anything, I don't know why you're so shaken when I just called your name.

The rumors about me...... Is it bad?

Or did Lucas talk about me on his way here from the Duke of Bluea?

Well, there's a possibility.

"I had a friend when I was in an orphanage."

"......."

There were doubts in Rex's face, he was biting his lips as if to stop his tears from falling.

I'm sure you're not really curious about the friend I am talking about.

Hmm. I can see everything.

Still, I didn't care and continued what I had to say with the sweetest voice I could.

"She was such a sweet and kind girl, a friend I liked a lot. She has exactly the same blonde hair as Rex. It's like honey that will melt in your mouth."

"......."

"So, I think everyone with blonde hair is kind and nice like her."

I said it because I wanted to get some reaction, but Rex's expression did not get better.

What? Did I say something wrong?

He didn't look like he was trying to hold back his tears.

He's not about crying.... He looked like he was trying to put up with something else.

After a moment of silence, Rex looked me in the eye for the first time, and spoke in a despairing voice.

"Even though you know what I can do?"

"......Rex."

"Everyone, my father and my brothers...... has such a terrifying and disgusting ability."