Chapter 100

"Grand Duke!"

Lucas hurried into the office. He entered without knocking or asking Estin's permission first.

Estin glanced away from the papers and fixed his gaze on Lucas. Lucas had an odd expression. Estin's demeanor also changed to one of seriousness.

"What's going on?"

"It has something to do with the Texton Orphanage."

In Conler's territory, there was an orphanage called the Texton Orphanage. Compared to other orphanages, Texton Orphanage has been given almost twice as much assistance.

The children of Brandon Orphanage lived in that orphanage, which was the reason for this full sponsorship.

He was supporting them with both their basic needs and their education so that they could be independent as adults when they grew up.

"I was examining the Texton orphanage, as Grand Duke Estin mentioned."

"But."

"A young boy named Brian has vanished."

"Why is the name familiar?"

"Of course, it was the boy who informed the director that Mary had stolen the money."

Estin's brows furrowed as if realizing what had transpired that day.

He questioned Brian to see if he knew anything about the director, but it was obvious from the young boy's terrified expression that he didn't.

He didn't think it was fair to keep questioning a child of the same age as his son, so he moved on.

However, why did the kid suddenly vanish at this point?

"He and Miss Mary used to fight a lot, so their relationship wasn't always good."

"Fight?"

Estin's demeanor darkened. Lucas continued.

"Oh, they never verbally sparred; instead, they engaged in physical fighting."

In her darkest moments, Mary was like that. Grand Duke Estin thought so. Her fight with a child who was older than her wasn't all that shocking.

"What color is Brian's hair?"

It was pale brown."

"It doesn't make sense to call it similar because the gender is different,"

He left the orphanage without saying anything, so it was obvious that there had been some kind of intervention.

Someone either promised him more assistance or kidnapped him forcibly.

The likelihood of the former would be higher because the genders are different and the hair is not dark, but it was necessary to consider all possibilities.

"I don't think there's anything to worry about since he's a grown-up child, but just in case, look for his whereabouts,"

"I understand."

Lucas nodded at Estin's words and was about to walk away when he heard a knock.

The door was opened by the butler, Alberto, who had been given Estin's approval to enter. He respectfully bowed and drew nearer to Estin.

"The Marquis of Bourne has written a letter to us."

The letter from Alberto had a picture of a large deer on the envelope. They wouldn't have talked much if Astina hadn't come from the same orphanage as Mary.

After verifying the letter, Estin's eyes grew cold. Lucas asked with caution as he continued to stare at him.

"What is it about?"