Chapter 10

The expressions on the faces of the vassals of the Grand Duke Conler who hastily gathered because of the new imperial order in the Conler mansion were not very good.

The Conler family was more loyal to the royal family than any other noble families.

Their family contributed to the founding of the empire and shared its history. The current Lord, the Grand Duke, brought the empire to its heyday. They are powerful enough to keep the royal family in check.

No, Conler's family could have overturned the imperial family with the Imperial Revolution.

However, the public thinks that the Conler family is acting like a loyal dog to the imperial family.

"I know how much loyalty the Grand Duke has for the empire, but even so......."

"But it's an order from the imperial family."

The imperial order, that came down from the royal family, could only be said to be forced.

The village where the barrier was released lost its livelihood due to the appearance of the beast, the order was to relocate the people of the village to the Conler territory.

These people were of the age of Count Safia, so Grand Duke Conler had nothing to worry about.

Although Conler's territory is as blessed as the archipelago, it was a different story to suddenly move the residents of a fairly large village.

Of all things, the situation was not good because it hasn't been long since the Conler territory was reorganized according to the land plan.

So, the vassals gathered at the meeting secretly wanting Estin to reject the imperial order.

"If they are going to relocate the village people, isn't it okay to move them to Count Safia's territory?"

"I know the emperor trusts the Grand Duke very much, but......."

Baron Loredan was so angry that Baron Albany stopped him after looking at Grand Estin.

But Baron Albany also appeared quite doubtful about following the order.

Even in the war of words of the vassals, Estin was just sitting on a chair leaning against it, maintaining his unique expressionless face.

In fact, Estin also knew that the imperial order from the royal family was unreasonable.

Perhaps the royal family thought that it would be good if he accepted it, and if not it's fine.

It was impossible to know what the ridiculous "binding" that the royal family and the Conler family had formed at the time of founding of the empire. That intangible thing had been passed down from generation to generation.

However, it was a request of his grandfather, whom Estin respected so much, so he had no choice but to follow it.

It was Estin's kind of long-cherished desire to break this binding off on his own pedestal and make his sons free from the imperial family.

Estin patted his fingers gracefully on the armrest of the reclining chair a couple of times.

"Take it."

"Grand Duke!"

"A certain amount of probation is possible."

"It's impossible."

"We shall clear the shallows on the coast of Padula."

No one could argue at the cold-hearted Estin's voice.

The Padula coast had already been discussed as a necessity of pioneering projects, but it was pushed back by other priorities.

The Padula coast is close to the Karana Ocean, so if the area is reclaimed and another port village called Padula is created, it can have great fun in terms of trade and exports.