Chapter 3

"Mary, are you really crazy?"

"No?"

At last, I was nine years old. Still, Leo was my only best friend in the orphanage.

The Grand Duke would come to find me soon, so I was preparing to part with Leo. At first, he was wondering why I was doing this again, but Leo also knew I was serious, but we are going to see each other later.

I am going to live quietly and go with the Grand Duke. Since I'm Mary, who was considered a nuisance and an inconvenience because of the time and money they spent to find me who was kidnapped at the Grand duchy.

After Mary went around and made a mess, she was openly called a troublemaker lady. I thought I should live a decent life because they might cut the money I should receive in half if I did something weird.

Until Pepi, who was the youngest in the orphanage, died of hunger. As I buried Pepi behind the orphanage, I made up my mind.

"Let's rob the director's safe."

When I told Leo my plan, he asked me if I was that crazy.

"You have to live, Leo."

"I've always felt that you, Mary, tend to be too obsessed with life."

"Isn't it obvious? All the premises of my plan are for me to be alive."

I died struggling to live in my previous life, so I cannot die in vain again. And... honestly, I felt so sorry for the children in the orphanage.

They are at the age of growing up, but they always eat food that doesn't seem nutritious, and being neglected like this. It was a clear abuse. In the first place, the money in the director's back pocket was children's money.

In the name of Hong Gil-dong's descendant...... I won't forgive the director.

(T/N: Hong Gil Dong is a streetwise, smart-mouthed thief with a talent for martial arts that he utilizes for justice and political reform.)

The plan was simple. The director, who usually does not leave the orphanage, goes out to town every Friday evening to relieve stress and returns only Saturday afternoon. We'll use that time to steal money and distribute it to the children.

"You're really crazy......."

Leo, who is three years older than me, would mutter like that but always follow my will.

Originally, we could go to Brian's group and live more comfortably, but why are we living this lonely life together?

Light brown eyes filled with anxiety toward me. Sighing and stroking my head, I thought Leo might be better than Mary's older brothers.

I can't believe I have to go back to my family who hates me.

"It's okay."

"What's okay?"

"I'll take responsibility for everything."

"Why do you always say you're going to take responsibility for everything?"

But I've always lived like that.......

My guardian has always been myself ever since my maternal grandmother died and lived in my aunt's house. It was the same at Brandon Orphanage, when I reincarnated as Mary. And I know that this kind of mindset has to be continued at the Grand duchy.

The people there won't be interested in me. I can live moderately quietly and enjoy my life by getting my share of the inheritance.

Leo... I'll find you then and make you the vice president.