Chapter 55

"Did I hear it right?"

"Looking at your reaction, I think you heard it right."

When Estin returned, he laughed out loud, dumbfounded, at the report he received from Lucas. Smiling is natural, but it's probably the first time Estin laughed so loudly in his life. Lucas laughed along because he understood his feeling, they could only laugh about it. The two looked at each other and laughed as if they were amazed after such a long time.

Soon after, Estin gave orders with a straight face.

"Bring Mary, now."

I was dragged into the Oval Office of Estin, leaving my soul in the room. Yesterday, I slept preparing for today, but I didn't expect to be dragged after washing my face as soon as I woke up. Grand Duke Estin, who had been signing papers for a long time, said as soon as he saw me.

"Give up."

I knew it. I closed my eyes and shook my head from side to side. The expression on Grand Duke Estin;s face changed slightly. The change in his expression scared me for a moment.

"If you can't tell him, I'll tell him on your behalf?"

"......I don't want to."

"Why?"

"......."

"Conler is Conler. Our honor will not collapse just because you did not go hunting, I have built it that way."

Grand Duke Estin seemed to think I was being so stubborn because I was worried about the honor of the Conler family. That was definitely one of the reasons, but....... I have the same thought as the Grand Duke. No matter how informal it is, Their honor won't collapse just because of me.

"I don't want to run away."

"Mary."

"This is my honor."

The problem was Mary, not Conler.

I know Grand Duke Estin could fix it.

He'll just say it's a children's fight and laugh it off. But this was a matter of my pride regardless of whether it was an adult or a child or a family.

Estin sighed as if she understood what I meant. Estin, who was sitting down, rose up and came to me. Then he kneeled down in front of me and said, making eye contact with me.

"Who on earth do you take after?"

"I take after my dad."

"What?"

"Ah! That–?"

I answered without thinking. I was surprised and covered my mouth. Who would I take after? Of course, my dad. I was thinking that way, but I didn't know it would come out of my mouth without filtering. Estin's black pupils shook slightly.

"I mean... Maybe I'm stubborn like the Grand Duke."

"......."

"That's what Lucas said......."

Lucas, I'm sorry for pulling you in.

But Lucas once told me that I must be so stubborn because I take after my father. But even though I tried hard to fix it, Estin was just staring at me without saying a word.

Estin stood up, went back to his seat and pulled the rope.

"Did you call me?"

Maybe he was nearby, but Lucas ran right away. Did you call Lucas to scold him for calling you stubborn?

But Estin asked Lucas in a low voice.

"Where's Hestia?"

"I believe the Knights are in training right now."