Chapter 83

Chapter 02. Kim Sejin, My Real Story (1)

[Check page 2 for Ch 83]

"I'm not acting......."

"I wonder what you did to make your healthy body look like a corpse. Did the Duke of Bledel give you a weird drug? Or did you buy a black wizard to use taboo magic?"

He gently grabbed my shoulder. The man's face didn't seem to contain any emotion.

But the pressure from both of his hands clearly indicated that he was restraining his anger.

He spoke in a slightly irritated voice, perhaps frustrated by my continued silence.

"For an ordinary person, amnesia can happen at least once in their lifetime, but this is already your fifth time. Are you going to say your heart is feeling weird again tomorrow? You won't be able to see in a few days?"

"Hey, what's all this......."

"It's very strange. The most renowned doctors in the Empire all say you're very healthy, but you always say you're in pain, enough to die."

His face grew closer. The blue pupils, combined with golden hair, were reminiscent of a dazzling sea of sunlight.

Oddly enough, the moment I met his eyes very close and head-on, I was overwhelmed by an emotion I couldn't comprehend.

If I have to categorize it, it's like sadness or resentment. I held my breath unconsciously because I thought my tears would burst at any moment.

"Let's not waste our energy. Lethenia, you are no longer the daughter of a worldly duke, but the Empress of Asha. You know, our feelings don't matter in this marriage. You and I can't be an ordinary couple. Emotions don't matter to us. You can do what you have to do in your respective positions."

"Lastly, don't mess up the palace under the pretext of being sick. You're a very precious daughter to the Duke of Bledel. Every time you do that, I have to explain everything to him, which is very annoying. Well, if you're really sick, you can go to the Duchy for a while. Then...."

Tears fell from one of my eyes before he finished speaking.

It had nothing to do with my will. The man's cold face changed subtly, like a small crack smeared on a flat glass. The man seemed somewhat perplexed.

As he paused and hesitated, tears also fell from my other eye.

I felt the man's hand holding my shoulder relax.

"Lethenia?"

A fiery feeling seemed to devour me at any moment. The tears that began to flow did not stop.

I don't know the reason why I'm crying right now. Why do I feel this way about someone I don't know? However, what stuck in my ear was a familiar name.

Lethenia, Queen of Asha. Lethenia and the Duke of Bledel. It was the name of the characters in the most awful novel I've ever read.

Am I not awake yet? I remembered the terrible scene from my dream. My heart beat like it would explode.

The man's big hand came to my face and soon fell down helplessly.

"......I'll go now. Make yourself at home."

I don't know if it's just my feelings, but the man's voice seemed to have softened.

He finished talking and left the room. I was confused. Obviously, he called me Lethenia. If I were Lethenia, that man......

"Ianhart Cassell."

Seeing his back, an inexplicable sadness welled up in my heart.

I remembered Lethenia in the novel, who was heartbroken whenever she saw the back of her husband leaving.