Chapter 5

Lucas, who was organizing the situation outside the orphanage, ran to see his boss holding a child.

Looking at the black hair, which is said to be precious not only in the Britina Empire but also in the close Larvian Empire, he thought it was a child of this family. Blood can't lie.

The white skinned child, who was sleeping like a doll, had blue bruises. Lucas frowned at the sight of it being quite painful.

"They're worse than a real beast."

Since the mountains are rough and dark, it took them a while to find the orphanage. They thought you came quite diligently, though. If they had come one day, or an hour earlier, the child wouldn't have been this hurt.

Despite Lucas' low swearing, Grand Duke Estin was just looking at the child in his arms. Lucas looked at the scene for a while and spoke.

"Do you want me to carry her?"

"It's all right."

"From the words of the child who was with her...... It seems that the director embezzled the orphanage subsidy. So, they tried to steal it and share it with the kids."

Estin, who was listening to Lucas, held the child properly. The child lay still in Estin's arms as if dead.

Suddenly, feeling inexplicably ominous and strange, Estin lifted his index finger and put it under the child's nose. When he felt a gentle breath like a candle, he lowered his index finger with no expression.

"What kind of b#llsh#t...."

Estin looked down at the child and muttered with a sigh.

I'm sure she's around ten years old. Yet she tried to help other orphanage children by stealing the embezzled gold?

With a much smaller and softer body than kids your age, what are you thinking trying to be a hero?

Looking at the color of her hair and eyes, she was definitely a child of the Conler family.

With exceptionally black hair and black eyes that resemble the deepest night sky, the Conler family had a widely penetrated legend that their blood is mixed with demons.

Black hair and black eyes were not just legends that came down to the outside world. Conler's direct line has a particularly strong aura making it difficult for ordinary people to approach them.

In particular, Grand Duke Estin Conler, who brought tremendous prosperity in Britina Empire, was as beautiful as a well-crafted ice flower.

There was also a rumor that the Grand Duke of Conler was beautiful and emotionless and a well-made marionette for the imperial family.

A righteous Conler?

"It's really fascinating."

He asked the child to open her eyes to check its color, but in fact, he could tell without having to open her eyes.

Even if she doesn't open her eyes...... The child's features, except for her eyes and hair color, were very similar to Helena.

All this was a sin of daring to swallow the sun. The Grand Duke of Conler, which brought prosperity to the point where the sun never sets, but his family was like a damp place without sunlight.

This child was lost, and so was Helena.

Dad...

Why did you come now...?

He felt as if the child's thin voice, who spoke to him earlier, was humming in his ears.

In the meantime, she had noticed that he's, her father.