Chapter 32

Rex had a weak cold and couldn't go out to play, so me and Rex were painting in the library. He was sorry that I couldn't go out because of him. Rex sniffed and looked at me while drawing. From the day Rex showed me his tears, he seemed to be more comfortable with me.

No one will believe it, but I also like sitting down like this.

"Sister, I'm sorry."

"It's okay. Get well soon."

I've been lying down in the mansion for quite a while, too.

When I smiled sweetly as if I were really okay, Rex focused on his painting as if he was relieved. I wondered what he was drawing, so I peeked and saw Rex drawing a field of dahlia flowers.

The composition, the color, everything was perfect.

"Rex, you're good at drawing."

"I guess it's easy to draw Dahlia flowers because it's so pretty."

"Do you like Dahlia?"

"My mom loved dahlia flowers......."

"I think you matched Dahlia flowers really well! Hmm, what should I draw?"

Rex's voice started to get wet again, so I quickly changed the subject. Rex smiled clumsily when I tapped him on the back, hoping he could smile comfortably soon.

What should I draw? Should I draw Nero?

I picked up a black crayon and started drawing a cat. I wanted to draw it as cute as possible, so I concentrated. I pouted my lips without realizing it.

Oh, Rex is good at drawing. I want to draw well, too.

Since I'm older than him.

Rex, who was concentrating on his painting, stretched out his neck to see my painting as he was curious as I was quiet.

I wasn't going to show it, but I thought it was drawn well, so I gently pushed the picture to Rex.

I think I drew it well.

"Wow!"

Rex clapped his hands together and admired my drawing. I guess I'm really good at drawing.

Should I try to be a painter instead of doing business?

"You drew a vampire beast, right?"

"......Yes?"

"You're so cool! Since the situation with the beasts is chaotic, you put it in a picture, right?"

......?

At Rex's words, I held the painting to my eye level and looked again with cloudy eyes.

In a way, the black cat look like a vampire......?

I put down the painting and looked at Rex again, he was looking at me with sparkling eyes.

"Yes....... You're right."

I painted Nero's pink ribbon with a red crayon.

Yes, this looks like blood.......

I'm sorry, Nero.

But it would be better if you have a nice owner who draws well.

"Sister Mary is so cool!"

My mole-like conscience hurts watching Rex smiling sweetly, but I still want to be a great sister to Rex. While listening to Rex's compliment, Lucas came into the library.

"You're here!"

Lucas approached us with a bright smile. For some reason, I felt like I had to hide my painting, so I turned it upside down, wary of Lucas. As soon as Lucas came, he patted Rex on the head and asked him about his condition.