Chapter 69

Mary whispered something to Gilbert, and the two of them laughed. Then Gilbert got serious again. He tapped Mary's forehead with his index finger and handed her a hardcover notebook. Mary looked sullen when she opened the book.

"What are they doing......?"

Aiden, who was spying on the sequence of events from behind, raised a questioning voice.

Aiden noticed that everyone in the castle was weak to Mary the moment he arrived. Rex Bluea was like Mary's follower. They are weak to Mary, not to mention his father and eldest brother, and even the picky Theodore was friendly to Mary.

He was observing how everyone was obsessed with that child, but he couldn't find anything special.

"Aiden."

He was secretly looking at Mary and Gilbert when he met Gilbert's eyes. Gilbert gave Aiden a questioning look as he motioned for him to approach, seemingly inquiring as to why he was there. As he approached them, Aiden coughed up while acting as though he couldn't win.

"What were you doing?"

"Oh, no. I was just curious what you two were doing."

"Oh, Mary's studying."

Aiden felt some confusion at Gilbert's response. When Mary saw Aiden, she pursed her lips and carefully held her notebook in her arms. She seemed embarrassed to show it to Aiden.

"I was studying a little because I heard I was going to the salon the princess organized."

"Ah... It's a famous cultural salon. There were many proficient people gathered there, and it is said that Princess Lausanne also studied a lot about literature."

Mary's expression on her face noticeably faded at Aiden's words. She seemed to be a little weak in this area. She participated in hunting bets with confidence, but cultural studies might be quite difficult for her.

"Will you be able to build up your skills in a short time?"

"Still, I've been studying......"

"Even if the hunting bet worked out somehow, cultural skills wouldn't be that easy to build."

"Aiden."

"You know better."

Gilbert called Aiden's name in a stern voice, but Aiden didn't think he said anything wrong. That's the reality.

Aiden thought. Mary needs to know what she needs to know. She needs to face reality. Only when such a person is present can Mary gain wisdom by distinguishing between where she should go and where she shouldn't.

"But still..."

"What?"

That's what he thought, but Mary murmured beside him. When Aiden asked back because he didn't understand what she was saying, Mary looked coy again as if she hadn't said anything.

Gilbert, looking at his two younger brothers, smiled a little. He felt like Aiden, who had always been cool-headed, had met a very strong opponent.

"I can do it."

"You can you do it?"

"I won the hunt somehow."

"But as I said earlier, it's different from hunting."

"Then I can try differently."

Mary seemed timid, but she replied to Aiden without reservation. That's Mary's spirit. Gilbert nodded and took a sip of the tea in front of him.

Aiden was dumbfounded. He understood a little bit. Yes, this is how she provoked Cameron. No matter how hot-tempered Cameron is, applause can only be heard when both hands meet.**