Chapter 56

"I was expecting a day like today to come."

"Are you happy that it went as you expected?"

Lucas, who was listening quietly next to her, jumped up at Hestia's words. Hestia, however, lightly ignored Lucas' sarcasm.

"Now, you're going to hunt with this."

"Yes!"

"Shoot the First Prince if you can. Since humans are animals, too. He's quite big, isn't he?"

"Hestia!"

I nodded while listening to Hestia's tip but then Lucas yelled suddenly. Why is the person who would normally say "Applause" so serious? Hestia also turned to Lucas as if she didn't understand him.

"You teach her good things."

"I'm flattered."

"It's not a compliment."

"Why did you come here when you're dissatisfied with everything?"

"I want to see you train."

"Didn't you come here to distract us?"

"Do you think I'm distracting you?"

"Yes."

"Then it's a success."

Lucas said emphatically. So, Lucas is here to interrupt my training. This is... because he doesn't want me to go hunting. I went and stood in front of Lucas.

"Lucas."

"Do you really have to go?"

"I know you're worried, but I really want to beat Cameron Arstans. Not because I'm a Conler but because I'm Mary."

"...Miss Mary."

"And since I was little, I've been playing on the mountain, so I'm much healthier than Lucas thinks. I know what I can do."

"Ha, really.... Do you really want to go?"

"I want to go even more after hearing my mother's story. I'm Helena's daughter after all."

At my words Lucas covered his face with his hands with a wistful look and made a grunting noise.

I was relieved at his playful cry. Lucas, who took his hands off his face, said.

"It's okay to lose the bet, so you have to take care of yourself."

"Yes, yes."

"That's right. Don't force yourself to catch a bear."

"If I see a bear, I'll pretend to be dead."

"Do you pretend to be dead when you see a bear?"

Hestia's question made me think that in this world, the story about pretending to be dead when you see bears is nonsense. I had nothing to say, so I just laughed. Hestia suddenly said, "Oh, I know."

"It's similar to going to war and pretending to be dead and getting the blood of the person next to you."

"Hestia, were you such a coward? Was that your secret to survival method?"

"Lucas, what's your secret survival method? Do you live that long because of your mouth?"

Well, I'm curious about that, too.

"Well, anyway, Hestia. Please take care of Mary for two days."

"I'm going to train you very hard, so follow me well."

"Yes!"

I answered as bravely as I could. Hestia smiled contentedly.

________________________________________