Chapter 35

The cold words of Gilbert froze me. It doesn't matter if it's just me...... I was upset that Bonita, the best maid, seemed to have been devalued because of me. Hmm, that young brat,.

I was frustrated because of that young brat and started to attack the plate again with a fork. Perhaps she was worried, Bonita came behind my back and whispered something that only I could hear.

"If you can't eat it, you don't have to eat."

I shook my head softly. Bonita couldn't be blamed. As I kept eating, I couldn't feel the good taste. Ugh, there's still a third left.

"Eating all the food given to you is a courtesy towards the chef."

Yeah, that's right. Of course, I feel sorry every time I left out food, so I went to the chef as much as possible and apologized. Each time, I remembered the good laugh of the chef who said he was sorry he couldn't control the quantity because he had big hands. All the employees of the Conler family are so nice.

But the employer looks like that.

I could feel Bonita fidgeting behind me. Bonita, who hates leaving food the most, looks worried so I thought I should eat more. Rex was staring at me with worried eyes, too.

Eventually, I finished all the steak and garnish. I filled my stomach to the point the dessert couldn't fit in. I felt like my stomach was upset because I forced myself to eat, so I tapped my chest without anyone knowing.

"This evening's dessert is a berry pie."

The chef who came out to the dining room to clean up the dishes and serve dessert looked surprised at my dishes. Then he put his hand on my shoulder for a moment and sighed deeply.

"There's something strange on your berry pie. It's my fault."

"Oh, it's all right."

"I'll serve you a more special dessert for breakfast tomorrow."

I nodded furiously. I thought Bonita went to the kitchen and told the chef. Gilbert also just put a fork in the pie and no longer interfered. Looking at the gently cut section, the berries on the cream looked so delicious.

I looked resentful at my stomach. Why are you so small that you don't let me eat dessert? After the meal was over, I got up from my seat carefully. Ugh, my stomach is so full and my back hurts.

***

"Are you okay?"

As I went back to my room, Bonita asked, slowly stroking my back. I nodded lightly to offset Bonita's worries.

Bonita, who helped me wash my face and changed into pajamas, gently stroked my head while I was lying on the bed. I felt sorry for Bonita who couldn't leave my side because I was feeling uncomfortable but Bonita looked even more sorry. Ha, this unending sorries.

"The Grand Duke will come back the day after tomorrow."

"Oh......."

"The coast is farther than I thought, so it will take some time to come and go."

Bonita's expression was not good, so I became serious. Why? Will there be a problem if he doesn't come back soon?

"If Hestia were here, you wouldn't have had to force yourself to eat."

"No....... Gilbert wasn't wrong either."

"From tomorrow, we're only going to put in the right amount. This happened because Tom and I wanted to increase the amount of food you eat......."

I think the reason why the chef and Bonita didn't intentionally reduce the amount of my meal was because they thought I would eat it all one day. It's refreshing to see **R=VD here......?