Chapter 21

I pouted my lips and put my chin on Nero's head.

It's not like I only talk when I want something.......

Still, he's my dad. Can he be a little more friendly?

I shook my head quickly to shake off the thought that had just occurred to me. Let's not forget that he is the "Grand Duke Estin Conler" just because he bought me a doll and was nice to me. He's a person who would throw away her own daughter coldly if she misbehaved.

"Do you want me to tell you a funny story?"

But also... The snout, who cannot overcome the awkward atmosphere, ignores the owner's will and moves freely.

What kind of interesting story should I tell?

It's so obvious that the jokes I read in my past life won't work on this person. But I have already spoken out, and the Grand Duke's face showed a slight interest.

He always had an expressionless face so a slight change can easily be noticed. I quickly began to recall and explore interesting events in Mary Conler's life.

"I was so hungry when I was in the orphanage, so I went to the next-door neighbor with a friend named Leo to dig up potatoes."

"Potatoes?"

"I was really going to dig just two! It's delicious when you grill it and eat it, it was the best snack you could get......."

"Is being independent your hobby?"

Who has that kind of hobby? I did it to make ends meet.

Even if I wanted to say that..., the forehead of Grand Duke Estin wrinkled as if he was serious about what he asked.

Actually, there are a lot of things that are comfortable to do alone.... I can understand why he thinks it's a hobby.

If I have to write a resume later, shouldn't I write "independent" in the hobby section? I feel like I'm a well-prepared person.

"Well, anyway!"

"Yes, continue."

"My friend named Leo saw a rope and thought it was a snake. So, I ran while screaming and then suddenly I fell and rolled."

"......."

"I thought it was a real snake, so I screamed and ran away. Then I fell into the mud in front of me and my whole body turned black, and the man next door who heard us screaming, came out. We were startled so we screamed again, our shouts continued to be heard in the small town."

"......."

"I thought we'd get caught trying to dig up potatoes secretly, but eventually we didn't get caught but then a rumor that a monster was appearing in the village spread for a while, so the quiet town became very quiet at night."

"So?"

"......It's the end."

It was a story that made me and Leo laugh but there's nothing I can do if Grand Duke Estin reacted like this.

... Are you the type of person who is not good at being fun and coherent?

As I was talking about myself after a long time, I completely forgot that the person in front of me is Grand Duke Estin. I was so excited that my energy went up.

I want to see Leo again. Is he doing fine?

I heard he moved to an orphanage in Conler. Will we be able to meet again someday?

I have a chance to meet Astina later since she's part of the story but for Leo, there's no guarantee.

I feel a little sad.