Chapter 46

I smiled as sweetly as I could at Carol.

All the employees here are veterans, so Carol must have been intimidated.

It's her first day, so it would be weird if she did not cause any accident but I understand Carol's mistake. I thought it would be bad if Carol would be discouraged by her mistake.

Look, why are you crying?

"Thank you, miss."

Carol smiled with her eyes wet and thanked me. I smiled at her, too.

Somehow, I do not dislike Carol, who looked innocent and clumsy.

"I'll get the tea again!"

Looking at Carol's back hurriedly going down, I was worried that she would fall again.

Please, slow down.......

Did Bonita feel like she was looking at me?

***

"Miss, I brought the tea!"

Fortunately, this time, I was finally able to drink tea thanks to Carol, who brought it safely and carefully.

As expected, today's tea is fragrant and nice. It's perfect for the sunny weather.

As I was putting my tea down on the table when I found the notebook that I had put by the table.

Oh, homework....

I buried my face in my hands and was deeply frustrated because I remembered the homework that Gilbert gave me.

"No, I'm not an elementary school student but he wants me to keep a diary."

Yes, I am an elementary school student by age, but...

In order to improve my writing skill, which is somewhat difficult to read, Gilbert gave me homework, which is to write a diary every day.

When I heard that, I expressed disapproval but when I looked at my handwriting, I lost my words to ask what was difficult about it.

"Good job. I can't believe my drawing came back like this."

Honestly, every day is the same, there is nothing special to write about. Looking back on my day, it's either reading a book in Gilbert and the study, playing with Rex, or painting.

But now that Carol is here today, there's something I can write in my diary.

"Hmm, how have you been? How's your mother?"

"I was able to get good medicine by selling the jewelry you gave me. Thank you very, very much."

"Really? That's a relief!"

"The jewelry was made only by the best craft guild in Giefroy. I wanted to thank you so much for giving me such a precious thing......."

Right.

I completely forgot about Peter who gave me the jewelry.

When I looked at Carol with a stunned expression, Carol tilted her head.

I wonder if Peter is doing well. He went to Giefroy because the jewelry is only sold there.

I have to pay him back.......

I was in agony for a while when someone knocked lightly on the door. I could tell just by hearing the cheerful knock. It's Lucas.

"Come in."

"Oh, you were with Miss Carol."

It was Lucas who came in as I expected. Carol bowed her head as Lucas entered the room. Well, her clumsy look is really cute.