Chapter 12

"If I bought too much, will the Grand Duke get angry?"

"I'm not sure, will he?"

Lucas suddenly muttered in a serious voice. I was depressed to hear that. I'm sure he will. Let's not forget how Mary ended in the original. Lucas burst into laughter as I was shaking my legs while showing signs of discouragement.

"Oh, I can't even tell a joke to our Miss Kitty."

You were joking?

"It's fun to poke Mary because her reaction is big."

"I might explode if you poke me too much."

"Oh, that's scary."

After talking with Lucas about this and that, the carriage stopped and arrived at the village. Since the store is located in a narrow alley, I agreed to Lucas' explanation that we had to get off at the entrance of the village and walk a little.

When I got off the carriage holding Lucas' hand first, I could feel the villagers looking at me.

Is this how it feels getting off a fancy carriage?

I think there was something more eye-catching, my black hair and black eyes. Curiosity and interest were read in the eyes of passers-by. It was hard to take a step because I was intimidated for no reason.

"As expected, I'm so handsome that people look at me so much. I'm sorry."

"Haha."

"Oh, are you laughing at me?"

Maybe it was because he noticed that I was intimidated. I smiled at Lucas' consideration of trying to soothe me with his characteristic smirk. They say Lucas is a handsome guy, but I don't think people will look at him like this.

No matter how much Lucas comforted me, I felt awkward because it was my first time in such a crowded and lively place ever since I was reincarnated as Mary, so I didn't want to let go of Lucas' hand.

"Shall we hold hands? You'll be in trouble if you get lost."

I nodded quickly at Lucas's words. He's a little playful, but he actually cares about me.

"Okay, not because you're afraid of places like this."

"Where is the dress shop?"

Cancel. I thought his expression was trying to tease me again, so I canceled my words quickly.

Lucas smiled at me, pointed ahead with a wink and dragged me along.

"Giefroy is the most prosperous city in Conler territory. It's also the second most prosperous place in the Britina Empire after the Capital."

"Wow...."

"You look amazed."

"No, I've always been in the corner of the mountain, so I don't know......."

"Next time, I'll take you to the Empire Capital."

Lucas made a silly face and said affectionately.

Empire Capital...

If Giefroy has flourished like this, how much more is the Empire Capital?

Can I meet Astina if I go there later?

When I left, I remembered Astina, who was crying as if the world ended. I fiddled with the necklace around my neck.

You must be doing well, right?

The streets were really well organized. It was true that it was the most prosperous city in Conler territory. When Grand Duke Estin was planning this city, he must have put a lot of thought into it because his office had this vibe, too.