Chapter 17

Even if I look at it like this, I grew up running in the alpine region.

In terms of physical strength, I am proud to say that I am not inferior to any adult. Now I just have to run to a place with a lot of people unconditionally. It would be faster and more comfortable if I ran alone, but I was running while holding Carol's wrist, so there was a limit. I ran a little more and hid in a shady place....

"Gasp, w, wait a minute."

But the problem was not Carol. Peter said, breathing heavily almost to death.

"Gasp, w, wait a minute. Stop, stop running, stop."

"Hey, do you want to be caught?"

"Oh, wait a little, a lot of people, it's okay now, heuk."

When I looked around, we seemed to have entered the street where there were few people. I ran without thinking, but I ran right. I breathed a sigh of relief. Carol was also breathing heavily, but Peter next to her was coughing almost as if he were bleeding.

That's just a little run. Your stamina is so weak.

These are people who grew up beautifully are like.....

"I don't understand... You were trying to save me earlier, right?"

"......Of course?"

The face looking at me with its back bent down and just slightly raised its head seemed to ask why are you asking that. Is very, very ridiculous.

"Do you happen to have a weapon?"

"As you can see, I have nothing."

Your pretty smile is all you have?

It was an unspoiled smile as if someone had drawn a halo effect behind it. What kind of courage do you have trying to save me without any kind of weapon?

Oh, I was speechless for a moment but he helped me, so I should say thank you. It was strange for some reason because I had never thanked a friend of my age.

"But, hey, thank you."

"What?"

Peter's puzzled expression made me wonder what really happened so far. He's beautiful and he's humble.....

"Well, you tried to save me."

"...... you came out on your own, didn't you?"

Well, yeah, you're right about that.

"Hey, can I ask you one more favor?"

"What kind of favor?"

Peter asked me, his red eyes shining. Ah, no matter how much I look at it, that ruby-red eye belongs to Demimore....... But you said you were Peter with your own mouth.

I didn't hear your last name earlier, but even if you're not the second prince, you're still quite a precious son of a noble, right?

"Do you have a gold bar?"

"......gold?"

"I don't have any right now."

Peter searched his pocket with a rather bewildered expression, took out a posh case and handed it to me. I took it just in case, but I can't believe that's coming out from him.

As expected, a noble's son must be different.

When I opened the case, there was a luxurious accessory with sapphire that looked expensive.

"I'll pay you back."

"......What?"

"Please lend me this."