Chapter 42

"How about Padula coast?"

"It is the second port city on the territory of Conler."

Fortunately, even the Kingdom of Lacom was quite willing to trade with the guild of Conler. Vincent Taylor, the owner of the guild of Conler, who had earlier seen the potential of the Kingdom of Lacom, crossed over to the Kingdom of Lacom. His handsome appearance and deep manners made a very good impression on Lacom's king. Indeed he is Hestia Taylor's brother.

The Taylor family has long been the closest family to Conler's. The Taylor family was originally interested in magic; they even made it through the Magic tower. As such, they were easily fascinated by the magic of Grand Duke Conler. It was in awe of the unknown power they didn't have. But there were some changes in the Taylor family: Vincent was interested in commerce, and Hestia stood out in swordsmanship. The two were working hard for Conler in their respective positions.

"It's rather good."

The reclamation project could not be undertaken without the permission of the royal family, even if it's within the territory of the noble. But this time, due to the imperial order to move to the villagers, the Conler family was able to win.

The emperor must be having a stomachache by now.

"I looked at the map and tried to figure out the best path possible."

Grand Duke Estin nodded when he saw Gilbert's shortest route in advance.

Perhaps it was a foregone conclusion that if spices were imported and sold, they would be sold at Giefroy, the largest city in the territory of Conler. Therefore, the optimal path between Giefroy and Padula was needed. Rather than simply finding the shortest route, there were also traces of efforts to find the optimal route so they can easily obtain meals for workers who would like to stay in the lodging business or construction work when passing through those cities.

Grand Duke Estin looked at Gilbert with considerable satisfaction. If things went well, other cities could also develop together.

Externally, Gilbert Conler resembles the Grand Duke but Grand Duke Estin knows how much Gilbert tries to imitate him.

In fact, Gilbert was very different from Grand Duke Estin.

If Grand Duke Estin was the type to commit first and plan the next, Gilbert was the type to start after preparing a preliminary investigation perfectly. Preparing the report about the Padula reclamation project must have taken a lot of his time.

"You seem to have gotten a lot closer to Mary."

"Ah...oh, I have a story to tell, father."

"What is it?"

Gilbert spoke as clearly as possible about Baron Bruno. Grand Duke Estin was quietly listening to Gilbert's story, but Gilbert could tell.

He must be very angry.

Gilbert knows Grand Duke Estin well, the angrier he is the colder he looks. Indeed, Britina's ice flowers. The white snow falls silently and covers the whole world to the point you can't see anything.

He couldn't read anything from Estin's expression where the snowstorm of anger fell. After a moment, Estin tapped the desk lightly with his index finger.

"I'll have to move the meeting forward as soon as possible."

"......Yes, Father."

"It would be better to inform the public internally and externally of what will happen if you touch Conler."

Estin smiled furtively. Baron Bruno, who had not participated in the meeting under the pretext of not feeling well for a while. He didn't know what the hell he believed in, but it was true that he didn't like his recent behavior.