Chapter 54

"Well, I know you were good at taking care of yourself when you were at the orphanage, but do you know how to hunt?"

"......No."

"if you beat a wild boar with your bare hands......."

"There was no wild boar living in the mountain."

Lucas laughed at my answer. Gilbert lay long on the sofa, and Rex was wiping away his tears.

I was sitting on the sofa watching the three. Little by little, a sense of reality was returning. I made a bet with the First Prince. The bet is hunting.......

"You said the right things. But shouldn't you need to be a little careful"

"......."

"Do you know how to shoot an arrow?"

Lucas asked me in a vain tone. It was a question that I already knew the answer to. I shook my head with a bright smile.

"Wow, how do I do this?"

"Haha."

"What shall we do, Master Gilbert?"

Lucas looked like he really had a mental breakdown. My mental state was not just normal at the moment, so I could only laugh. Gilbert just lay silent and covered his eyes with one arm. Then Rex, who was sniffing, raised his hand.

"Should I go out instead of Mary?"

"Master Rex doesn't seem to know much about bets, but once the bets are set, they can't be changed......."

"I'll pretend to be Sister Mary....... Since we have similar physiques....... Wouldn't they not know if I wear a robe or something like that?"

"Please, Master Rex, don't lose your reason......."

Lucas spoke very earnestly to Rex. I'm starting to worry a little bit, too. I think it'll work out somehow, so I won't ask or argue about it. Ugh! but I don't know how to hunt, I never shot a bow, and I don't know how to do it. I'm beginning to understand what everyone is worried about.

"Should I bring a dead wolf back to life and let him catch anything?"

"Stop."

Rex, who wanted to help me somehow, was saying anything, but Gilbert, who had been lying down, stood up and stopped him.

He sat down again, put his hands together, and thought for a long time, then he looked at me.

"Don't worry, Lucas."

"Lady."

"Whose daughter is Mary?"

Whose daughter am I? I'm the daughter of the great Grand Duke Estin.

Lucas' expression changed strangely when he heard it. It was an expression that I couldn't see easily from Lucas, who had so many expressions.

"You said it was a bet in the academy, Cameron."

"......Yes."

"Even if you're not a student from the academy, the rules of betting within the academy will apply."

I nodded.

"The bets within the academy are unofficially...... but the honor of the family is at stake."

"Yes... What?"

"That's why it's not easy to back down once you make a bet."

What do you mean, kids bet on their family honor? Gilbert resumed when I was so surprised.

"It's just word of mouth when you put your family on the line, it doesn't mean it's going to spread in society. Everyone thinks it's a kid's joke."

"......I see."