Chapter 67

I was drinking tea leisurely with Rex after a long time. Since I started practicing archery, I wasn't able to spend much time with Rex, so I promised to be with him today. The three black-haired brothers will play on their own.

The time I spent with Rex felt comfortable without the need to talk. I felt like I was becoming more like Rex, who was so relaxed. Yes, this unwinding......This is what a noble life is like. I've been living so fiercely lately.

"Miss Mary!"

"Why?"

Carol suddenly came running, calling my name. She seemed out of breath from running in a hurry.

"There's a present for you!"

"Present...?"

"Come quickly!"

I went with Rex. There were two boxes in the hall that looked quite luxurious. What's this?

"One was sent by Count Stein and the other.."

When I didn't open the box and just looked at it with my head tilted, Carol told me the name of the sender who sent the gift. Oh, I told Count Stein that he didn't need to send me a gift, but he still did. Count Stein repeatedly thanked me, claiming that it was because of me that he had learned there were demons in the forest and so he was able to set up a stone tablet. He expressed regret and made a pledge not to repeat it. The present he promised to give me has arrived. What about the other one? Carol hesitated to reveal the name of the person who sent the gift.

"The first prince..."

"Cameron?"

Cameron sent me a present. The size of the box was larger than that sent by Count Stein. Obviously, the size does not determine the value, but.. it's really weird, isn't it?

For now, I decided to open the box sent by Count Stein first. When I opened the luxurious brown box, there was a dagger inside.

"Wow, it's so beautiful."

Rex admired the beautiful dagger. The sheath and handle were engraved with an eagle and snapdragon. The eagle was likely carved because it is Conler's symbol, but why was a snapdragon engraved? I found a letter with a dagger in the box.

[The bow that Miss Mary handles well is, of course, a good weapon, but a dagger is also quite useful. Do you recognize the flower carved on the dagger? It's a flower called snapdragon. It means "Merciful Lady" in the flower language. Thanks to the benevolent lady, I was able to find the demon and set up a stone tablet. Thank you very much.]

I said I wouldn't accept a gift, but... a dagger was a pretty good present. I find it a little uncomfortable to carry a bow and arrows, but I can manage a dagger this small.

Now that I've checked Count Stein's gift, the next is Cameron's gift.......

Somehow, I didn't want to open the box. Will Cameron give me a pleasant present?

"If you're worried, should I open it?"

Rex was also worried, so he volunteered to open it for me, but I refused. Did he send something weird? However, I felt uncomfortable putting the box inside, so I just sat down in the hall and opened the box.

When I saw the contents of the box, I couldn't even scream and just froze for a while. I covered my mouth in surprise.

"What's wrong with him?"

Maybe curious about my reaction, Rex carefully looked into the box. Rex froze just like I did.

"What, what is this?"

I took the card out of the box without saying a word. According to the card, he sent it after much thought because it seemed like a gift that would suit both Rex and me.