Chapter 89

I got dressed, washed my face, and went to the dining room to eat when I woke up in the morning.

I only pleted my natural morning routine, yet Bonita appeared surprised. That feeling makes sense to me. For Bonita, I'm no better than a daughter.

"Miss! I was so worried."

"Yes, I know. I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry; it's fine to be back like this."

Everyone probably didn't anticipate that I'd be so shocked. I've done a lot of things so far, but I didn't realize how much of a coward I was, and I was shocked to learn that.

I'm not sure. The conversations I had with the man that day seem to have been ingrained in some part of my heart. I patted my own chest. Let's avoid being hurt by meaningless words. Everything that I just heard was what I expected to hear. It's nothing new.

The conversation I had yesterday with the Grand Duke came to mind. He gave me a hug and said,

'You have to be strong so that you can hug me and put me to sleep whenever I have nightmares.'

I liked it more when Grand Duke Estin said he would make me stronger than when he said he would protect me. I'm not sure if it's just me, but it already felt twice as powerful. I even entertained the funny notion that perhaps in the future, when the time es when I truly must live alone, I will be able to survive thanks to the memories I currently have.

Grand Duke Estin had left when I awoke, but I felt much better. I was even hungry.

Aiden, who had found me eating at the table, bolted with an angry expression. He gave me a hug, which surprised me.

"What's wrong?"

"Mary, you should get more rest."

"I've been lying down for over a week. I'm all right now."

Aiden looked at me with disbelief; yes, he saw me being kidnapped on the spot, but isn't this too much?

I feel a little worn out, but was he really such an overprotective character? Oh, e to think of it, I think he loved Astina so much as the second male lead.

I need to arrange a meeting between Aiden and Astina as soon as possible...... I'm sorry for Astina, though.

"Eat a lot."

"I'm eating......."

Aiden was viciously watching me, so I wasn't sure if I was eating with my mouth or my nose when Theodore yawned into the room.

He's a fascinating character, and I can't believe such a free man was born into the Conler family.

"Theodore, cover your mouth."

"We're the only ones here, well. Oh, Mary!"

Theodore responded naturally to Aiden's words, and when he found me, he came to me with a happy face and patted my head. Aiden spoke as if Theodore's actions bothered him.

Come to think of it, there are a lot of people patting my head.

"Are you feeling better now?"

"Yes."

"Are you going to cause another trouble in the future?"

Look at him talking. If this situation was a cartoon, I would have angry marks on my forehead. I didn't cause the trouble this time.

"I'm glad you're back like this."

"Aren't two kidnappings a bit excessive at Conler?"

Are you worried or what? Theodore's eyes were filled with affection when he was looking at me...... so I decided to let it slide. Theodore is the type who can't honestly say that he's worried when he's worried. Yeah, I guess so.