Chapter 104

"Someone else is familiar with the details of the original story."

The more I considered it, the chillier I felt, as though a winter wind was blowing through my body.

Although I thought it was absurd, I was convinced.

If anyone other than me is familiar with the details of the original story, wouldn't it be the man who is reputed to be the god of the underworld?

That's what I thought. He abducted me and took me to an orphanage, just like in the original story, and I believe he may be doing this to keep Astina and I apart.

Are you really obsessed with me because I'm the saint of the underworld?

"Hmm."

Grand Duke Estin, who had been quietly observing the conversation between Marquis Borneau and Lucas while I was so deep in thought, straightened his body.

His indiscreet movement caught everyone's eye in the drawing room.

Throughout the brief conversation between Marquis Borneau and Lucas, I was unable to tell what he was thinking. This was due to the lack of a noticeable change in his facial expression.

Grand Duke Estin spoke with a tone of indifference that matched his demeanor.

"I think I know who the culprit is."

However, the content was quite surprising.

What I heard was so unbelievable. I slightly opened my mouth.

Does Grand Duke Estin share the opinion that the underworld god is to blame?

Will Marquis Borneau believe it if it is the god of the underworld?

I was waiting for Grand Duke Estin's next statement with a question in my head, and Lucas, who was seated next to me, was clearly agitated.

With a troubled expression, he quietly called out Grand Duke Estin.

"G, Grand Duke."

"Yes, Lucas, you figured it out as well."

Grand Duke Estin, however, interrupted Lucas as if he understood what he was trying to say.

Lucas knows? Does this imply that Lucas knows who the culprit is but keeps going in circles?

Lucas caught my eye.

Lucas, who was trying to say more, lowered his gaze and tightened his fist.

Only Marquis Borneau and I were perplexed. Marquis Borneau cautiously questioned.

"Who ......."

"I just have a hunch. There is a decent chance that the first prince is involved in this case."

"What?"

I was quite surprised by the unexpected name, but Marquis Borneau made a loud noise as if he was really surprised. His expression became distraught.

Although he displayed great bravery in dealing with the Grand Duke, he was troubled to learn that even the imperial family might have been involved.

If Cameron is the culprit, my earlier hypothesis that someone knows the original is unlikely.

It's preferable that Cameron is the perpetrator.

That's what I thought.....

'You're a cheap kid'

I can't help but feel angry.

I knew Cameron wouldn't give up easily after he lost our bet, but I never imagined that he would kidnap my best friend to exact revenge on me.