Chapter 79

Begins with friends and ends in what?

Best friends?

"Here you are."

I had been thinking about it for quite some time when I heard a velvety soft voice from the side. Demimore and I looked at the side in surprise.

"Princess..."

"Sister."

It was Lausanne.

"Sophia!"

Franz called Sophia who ran out. Sophia stopped absentmindedly. Franz rushed up to her, hugged her shoulder, and asked.

"Are you alright?"

No, I'm not alright.

I need more.

She was well aware of Franz's feelings for her. If anyone sees her, they may curse her for taking advantage of his feelings. But Sophia was dissatisfied. Franz wasn't enough.

Just now, what did Demimore say?

Demimore was not even of legitimate imperial descent. She felt like she was going crazy when she recalled the time when she was pushed by Lausanne and Mary but she had to keep her mouth shut.

She wanted to be the best.

She doesn't remember when it started, but greed kept growing inside her. When she noticed the changes in herself, she felt a sense of shame. She wanted to look her finest, stand out the most, and wear the most stunning dress. However, things were not as she had wished them to be.

Princess Lausanne's attention was diverted by a girl who appeared out of nowhere as an orphan and took the dress she desired.

"Sophia, are you sure you're alright?"

The group that followed Sophia were families under their family. She created this group on purpose. The children here were wary of her. Franz, however, who was standing by her side, came from the Count Scott Family. Yes, Scott wasn't a bad family, but Sophia didn't think it was the best. Sophia became increasingly greedy. The most desirable position. But Demimore is behind Mary.

She needs someone more powerful than Demimore.

Sophia's eyes shone coldly. It was then.

"Are you enjoying yourself?"

"Prince!"

Sophia believed it to be fate. She wanted someone more powerful than Demimore, and Cameron appeared like a lie.

"I'd like to speak with you, Sophia Bruno."

Sophia gave Cameron's words a beguiling nod. The children around Sophia disappeared from their sight. Franz appeared to be concerned about something, but he paused and left as if he had no choice but to comply with the prince's request.

Yes, this is it!

Sophia's body shuddered in thrills. She was able to taste the best power she had hoped for in an indirect way.

"I believe our goals are similar."

"......if it's a goal."

"I also find Mary and Demimore to be very annoying."

Where on earth was Cameron watching from? Cameron took a step closer to Sophia and spoke privately.

"So if we hold hands,"

Cameron had already lost his dignity because of that little girl. He had to rebuild and reclaim this lost dignity in some way. In the process, he came to the conclusion that he should no longer confront Mary directly.