Chapter 97

"Mary!"

As soon as I got to the ground, Astina ran to me and hugged me. Her voice was so moist, perhaps surprised by my disappearance. I patted Astina on the shoulder and soothed her. She seemed very surprised to see me kidnapped for the first time. If it were the original story, she would have been kidnapped by me once.

Next to Astina, my three brothers looked at me with worried eyes. Come to think of it, the three brothers liked Astina more than me in the original story so I thought it would be better if Astina was their sister. Even Aiden likes Astina.

As I was looking back on the original story and being pessimistic about my situation, Astina was holding me so desperately tight, and my three brothers' expressions looked so miserable. So I decided to put off worrying about the original for a while. I need to soothe them.

"I'm fine, really."

"I wanted to go where you were, but I couldn't because I had to take care of the guests."

"Yes, even though I was kidnapped, I feel safe thanks to my brothers..."

"Mary!"

Gilbert or Aiden would have understood what I had said as a joke to lighten the mood, but Theodore was so upset that I felt embarrassed for no reason.

Theodore yanked me from Astina's arms, grabbed my shoulder, and looked me in the eyes.

"No, please don't say that."

"Yeah... I was just kidding."

"There's another thing to joke about."

Gilbert agreed with Theodore. Aiden also gave a nod in agreement. Okay, the three brothers need to stick together.

With a serious expression, Theodore fiddled with the bracelet on my wrist. Similar to the man's earlier touch, but less offensive.

Yeah, that's a given.

"Should we make one of these crystals as well?"

Theodore's touch is tinged with anxiety.

As I stared at my wrist, I thought to myself, "I can't believe this bracelet Rex gave me can track location. It's kind of like a missing child tag."

"Let's create protective magic three times greater like father."

When Theodore said this, his expression was very serious.

I had the unsettling impression that I might wear a genuine anti-missing necklace next time.

Demimore's expression was not good as he looked at Mary from behind. Looking at his master, Jasper sighed softly.

'Even though he grabbed the sword, things turned out simpler than I had anticipated.'

It was shameful to feel this, but he couldn't help but experience this strange regret.

"Are you not going to talk to her?"

"She seems fine."

"Your facial expression diverges greatly from what you are saying."

"Mary would not want to speak to me at this time."

Just in time, Theodore was talking about something while examining the bracelet on Mary's wrist—yes, the bracelet that Rex Bluea gave Mary—while he was saying that, Demimore was standing still and staring at Mary.

Rex Bluea abruptly rose to speak and declared he could pinpoint Mary's location shortly after Grand Duke Estin announced the search after claiming Mary was still inside the castle. As a birthday gift, he gave Mary a bracelet that contained some of his magic, and when he checked the scale, he noted that Mary was standing atop Conler's castle tower.