Chapter 26

What a crazy development!

Bonita told me to never go in the lawn.

I was in agony as I looked at the ball that stopped a little far away.

Should I ask Bonita to pick it up when she comes? But I think I can get it, and waiting for Bonita to come is kind of......?

I stood in front of the lawn and started stamping my feet.

It felt very embarrassing to have to wait for Bonita to ask for one ball.

It's not like Bonita is immune to the bugs.

And they already quarantined it.... Wouldn't it be okay now?

Even though I've been reincarnated as a character in a novel ...... I'm not the heroine. How could I be bitten by bugs like this?

I've already been through a kidnapping event.

"I'll be alright."

I clenched my fists and raised my left foot to the lawn. Just take the ball and come out quickly.

In order to reduce the time I spent on the ground as much as possible, I moved my feet lightly with quick strides.

I was walking carefully toward the ball when I saw a black figure disappearing through the bushes from afar.

Was it the dog I saw last time?

I tried to run towards the black figure but I stopped. When I asked Bonita, she said there were no dogs in Conler's mansion.

I rubbed my eyes and looked at it again because I thought I had seen it wrong...... The black figure disappeared like a lie.

What, did I really get it wrong?

Did I lose all my energy because I was with Grand Duke Estin yesterday....?

"Miss!"

I was standing in a daze when I heard Bonita calling me from afar so I looked towards the mansion. Seeing Bonita running faster, I realized where I was standing now.

Right. I came into the lawn to pick up the ball.

To reassure Bonita, I quickly picked up the ball and tried to move my steps towards the fountain....

"Ouch!"

I felt a stinging pain in my ankle.

I guess I... It looks like I was bitten.

I looked up with a startled look and saw Bonita throw the tray with the cookies and run to me.......

"Miss!"

My vision soon became blurred, and gradually shifted downward against my will.

I saw the cookie fall to the ground and break into pieces.

That cookie is really, really delicious...... It was a cookie that I haven't eaten in a week, it's such a waste.

I was laughing at myself thinking that way, so I snorted for a second......

And the front of my eyes flashed.

That's how I lost my mind.

***

Upon hearing the news, Grand Duke Estin and Lucas rushed into the child's room.

The doctor of the Conler family was examining the child.

Grand Duke Estin, unable to catch his breath, went to stand by the bed where his child was lying.

Mary was hot and barely breathing out a hot breath.