Chapter 60

One day, a beautiful woman appeared in the garden of the Imperial Palace. She doesn't know her name or where she came from. So some people were convinced that she was a witch. It was because when she appeared like a lie, the demonic beasts went wild.

She is not interested in anything from the royal family, and even the arrogant Estin Conler, who was only doing what he was told, advised the emperor not to keep her close. But the emperor, so immersed in her mystery, put the woman in the palace. In a small but elegantly decorated palace.

The emperor couldn't help but fall in love with the woman who could not remember anything. He felt like he could trust and rely on her. So a son was born between them.

The son was Demimore Arstans.

It was only natural that the empress regarded her and her child as an eyesore. But since the emperor loves her, she doesn't touch her easily. But what will happen if the emperor loses his love for her and takes his eyes off her?

***

"Did you have to come all the way here?"

"How can I miss such a fun sight?"

Demimore answered Jasper's question with a big smile. A bet between the Conler's young lady and his half-brother. He couldn't afford to miss such an event.

Ever since he met Mary Conler back then, all her ridiculous stunts were stuck in his head. Whenever Mary came to his mind, the corners of her mouth automatically went up. As he recalled the memory of the day, he remembered how much he believes in herself.

I'd like to ask you the same thing if I get to see you.

What on earth did Mary believe in that she accepted a hunting bet with Cameron? No matter how much he thought about it, he was curious. Is she a master of archery that is hiding in the wild?

"I thought about it then, but she's really an amazing girl."

At Jasper's tired voice he just nodded and laughed. What on earth did Mary do for nine years that she's living so fearlessly?

"Don't worry."

"What?"

"I can make a bet with Cameron for Jasper, too."

"Oh, is that so?"

Jasper, who listened to Demimore, smirked and soon hardened his face, he whispered to Demimore in secret.

"Then for me......."

"Jasper."

"I'm just saying."

Even though Jasper didn't finish her words, Demimore stopped her with a firm voice. Jasper looked away from her as if nothing had happened.

"I'm not interested."

"No, why?"

"I just want to live in peace. With my mother and Jasper."

"You're not interested in governing the country peacefully......."

"Jasper."

Jasper raised his hands as if he had lost. Jasper was obviously confident that Demimore would be a better emperor than Cameron, who is quick-tempered and thinks only of himself.

But since you're not greedy.

So Jasper became greedy. Surely Demimore if he awakens he could become a wise king. As long as there's an opportunity. Even if it's a very minor occasion.

***

"So, where are we going?"

Aiden asked, dumbfounded. It's been a long time since he went to see his family, but the place they were heading to was not their house, but at Count Stein's hunting ground. Lewen moved his lips, as if hesitating to speak. He spoke with his eyes closed.