Chapter 36

As soon as I woke up in the morning, Bonita smiled insidiously and handed me a medicine bottle. The light green liquid looked bitter, so I made an impression without realizing it.

"You have to drink it all."

"What's this?"

"It's a medicine that helps with digestion. It's made of tralocho, so it'll be very effective."

The drugs in this world seemed to be based on herbals. I mean.....the herbs are very bitter. It's written on my face. Bonita laughed and opened the lid and said, as if my freaked-out expression was funny.

"Master Gilbert brought this especially, last night."

...... Gilbert?

I looked at the medicine that Bonita gave me. A pretty unexpected person has brought some medicine.

"I guess he was worried about you yesterday. He brought you medicine after you fell asleep."

Bonita's smile seemed so happy that Gilbert gave me this medicine. Yeah, I'm so grateful that Gilbert feels guilty, I thought he hated me, but...... But it smells bitter. Do I have to drink it all?

"I'm really feeling fine......."

"You're going to have lunch soon, just in case. Tom said he prepared a special dessert for Mary today, so you should eat a lot."

At Bonita's persuasion, I finally closed my eyes and gulped down the medicine. I'll drink the medicine like Bonita wanted and since Gilbert brought the medicine in the middle of the night.......

"Uh......."

As I swallowed the medicine and frowned, something popped into my mouth. Soon, the bitter taste that lingered in the mouth disappeared and a subtle sweetness spread.

"I don't want to give it to you before the meal, but I'm giving it to you because the medicine is too bitter."

Bonita wink with her left eye. It was pavé chocolate that came into my mouth. Bonita said it was hard to find because it's so precious, but she gave it to me like this. I was so happy that I hugged Bonita's waist.

***

"Phew...."

I exhaled a long breath before entering the dining room. Now Gilbert doesn't seem to hate me that much......I could feel it, but I couldn't help but worry about Gilbert's cold gaze yesterday.

I don't want to go in.

But if I don't eat breakfast, Tom and Bonita will be worried....... When I peeked into the dining room, it seemed that no one had come yet.

Should I go in? No, maybe they are a little further inside.....

I whimper and try to look inside as carefully as possible, when someone tapped me on the back.

"Ack!"

It was a weak touch, but I was already quite weak in mind and body, so I unknowingly covered my ears, sat down and screamed.

I didn't do anything wrong. Why am I so surprised?

I was so ashamed of myself for being frightened by that. I couldn't raise my head because I was embarrassed but I heard a small voice from above my head.

"Sister, are you okay......?"

".... Rex?"

"I'm sorry. Were you surprised?"

When I slightly raised my head, I saw Rex with a sorry look. No wonder the hand that touched me was quite careful because it was Rex

"Being frivolous from the morning."