Chapter 58

"You made a bet with my daughter."

"Yes."

The clattering stopped. Gilbert and Rex seemed to have given up eating. I wanted to put down the tableware too, but I was very hungry today. I kept sneaking scallops and shrimp into my mouth. It was... It's so delicious.

"You need to educate them well."

Cameron spoke casually, but there was a tremor in his voice. When Grand Duke Estin heard that, he laughed in vain. He didn't mention the subject directly, but he must have been talking about me. Even if you are the First Prince, I applaud your courage to speak in such a way in front of Grand Duke Estin.

"I've been busy lately, so I'm not around the castle most of the time."

"I've heard about that."

"It's all thanks to your father."

Grand Duke Estin took a glass of wine and sipped it. I didn't even drink wine, but I swallowed my saliva without realizing it.

I knew the emperor had made Grand Duke Estin do this and that. Cameron seemed quite proud of it. Why does he look like that when he isn't even the one who made Grand Duke Estin do that? Thinking it was Cameron, I poked the scallops and chewed hard.

"But you shouldn't be mistaken."

He put down his wine glass and wiped his mouth with a napkin. How elegant and tidy the process was, I couldn't even think of chewing the scallops in my mouth and just looked at him.

Then I felt Grand Duke Estin release his energy. This is something I've only heard of. I was fine, I wasn't affected much, but I could see Cameron's hands shaking. I feel like I'm choking up too, but how much does the Grand Duke of Estin normally hold pressure?

"Cameron Arstans."

"......."

"You must be excited to have a marionette."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm going to ask my kids to cut the fingers holding the thread if I can't cut it."

"......Grand duke"

"So, you'll always live on the edge."

The voice of Grand Duke Estin was low. It didn't even seem to contain any emotion. But the anger felt clear. The anger seemed to have been well crafted and polished and threw it at Cameron.

Cameron, who received the outrage, jumped out of his seat. He tried to go out in a hurry, but perhaps because he was exposed to the energy of Grand Duke Estin for quite a long time, his legs seemed to be shaking.

"Shall I help you?"

"That's enough."

Gilbert tried to help Cameron but he pushed Gilbert away with his weakened hands. Gilbert bowed to Grand Duke Estin and supported Cameron out.

"Finish eating."

At the words of Grand Duke Estin, Rex and I picked up the fork again. I put the shrimp in my mouth with a blank expression. Ah, it's delicious.......

Cameron loosened his necktie and threw it into bed. Then he swallowed a shout that seemed to burst.

Yeah, he knows. It wasn't the tie that was strangling him, it was Estin's energy. Even if he didn't want to admit it, he couldn't help it.

I'm going to ask my kids to cut the fingers holding the thread if I can't cut it.

Conler is a family with sufficient ability. But he doesn't. Conler is a family under his feet so he took it for granted. Gilbert was good at magic; he was always studying day and night and took the top spot in academics. Cameron thought no matter how much he runs he will still be a person under him.