Chapter 6

It was a dense forest. Even branches were blocking the night sky, invading each other's territory.

Meanwhile, the moonlight cleverly dug into the gap and made Estin's face even colder.

The man-eating beast, Ursa, caused a lot of trouble walking around the village giving him a headache.

Without saying a word, Estin held hid sword and guarded his surroundings. The blue blade shone sharply.

Well, he's a cautious guy

Estin lifted her sword and slit her forearm. It was drawn lightly, but the blade was so sharp that it easily penetrated his skin. Soon, a fishy smell of blood brushed the tip of Estin's nose.

Ursa, who smelled the blood, soon revealed itself.

From the north there was a bright gleam and it soon rushed to Estin. Without hesitation, Estin picked up a sword containing some of his magic and stabbed it in Ursa's side. He didn't forget to cleverly twist his wrist to prevent it from rehabilitating due to a large wound in the gut.

The smell of its Blood covered the smell of his blood.

Estin tapped his foot on the side of the dead body and cut open his neck without any expression.

If it were a high-ranking creature who could say anything, it would have been hidden.

In the place where the beast colony is located, a barrier is created using mana stones so it's impossible for the beast to enter the human's habitat.

Ursa, who had no intelligence at all, cannot destroy the location of the barrier.

So, someone intentionally released the barrier so that the beast could run wild.

"Why at this point?"

If the emperor hears it, he might be laughed at for being overly self-conscious, but Estin was suspicious of the timing.

Now, the youngest daughter, who was kidnapped at Conler's mansion, is back after nine years. And the director of the orphanage who had his youngest daughter disappeared without any trace.

They searched the director's office of the orphanage just in case, but they couldn't find any documents related to Mary. But the orphanage children knew that the child's name was Mary.

So, the kidnapper told the orphanage the name of the child, which might have been a little bit of a joke to the Conler family, or maybe he wasn't dreaming of a complete crime.

This could be a lot more bothersome than I thought. I'd be very angry if it was even a trick to distract me like this.

The black hair, which had been neatly passed over to present the emperor, was soaked in sweat and scattered on his forehead.

Estin swept his hair that had fallen down on his forehead.

Ursa's head, which had the shape of a bear, had already recognized the taste of slaughter, and was drooling profusely, revealing its huge fangs.

Its fangs are the size of a child's face.

The face of the child who flew in the Moonlight came to mind.

When he heard that the child had woken up through Lucas, he felt an unknown sense of relief.

When Estin faced the child, she was only sleeping or fainted.

On the day he went to look after the sleeping child, the child groaned painfully and unconsciously,

He patted her head. He wanted the child's pain to disappear. He felt like her body was in such great pain that he felt like it's going to break if he touched it.... Somehow it didn't feel good.