Chaptert 50

Today was the day the First Prince Cameron Arstans will visit the Conler estate.

I got up early in the morning, washed up, put on a yellow dress I had bought from De Elle, combed my hair, and sat idly in front of a huge table with a ribbon.

"Sister Mary, you're so cute today!"

Rex, whom I met at breakfast, looked at me and smiled brightly. Today's dress was a high-waist top and a voluminous skirt, which was pretty cute even to me. When I hear Lucas say I'm cute I feel like he's just teasing me, but I feel better when Rex says I'm cute in such a pure way.

But Rex was cuter, wearing a frilled white shirt and a blue vest that matched his eyes. No matter how I look at it, he looks like a baby angel with curly blonde hair.

"You're cuter, Rex."

"Oh, sister, too."

Rex blushed shyly at the word cute. Looking at him, I felt like my heart was itchy. Oh, this is why Lucas is making fun of me. I was so embarrassed, I poked the bread with a fork hard, but the bread didn't stick properly.

Ah, he's really cute.

They say, when you see something lovely you'll forget everything. I didn't believe it. But looking at Rex right now, he was so cute that I felt like I was going to be in a coma......

"Anyway, I guess it's just you and me for breakfast today."

"I know. I think everyone is busy these days."

Indeed. It was true that everyone was busy except Rex and I out of this castle because of the Padula Coast reclamation and First Prince. Still, Gilbert looks after my study and diary in his spare time, it feels great. It seems Grand Duke Estin and Lucas went somewhere else yesterday.

"Oh, Brother Gilbert, you're here?"

The chef must have paid more attention to the food because of the first prince. Today, I was eating a salad that felt fresher and more delicious. I looked up to Rex's greeting, Gilbert was coming in. It was clear that he stayed up all night yesterday as he had dark circles under his eyes.

"You, you're here."

"Yes, chew it all and say hello."

"Yes...."

I chewed the salad again. After knowing that Gilbert was not as cold hearted as I thought, being with him was not difficult like before. He sometimes gets angry because he's a little strict when it comes to my study, but I decided not to complain too much because he makes time to teach me even though he's busy.

"The dress you're wearing now...... Did Bonita pick it for you?"

Gilbert, who was drinking tea before the meal, looked at my dress and asked, frowning one eyebrow. When you make that face, you're like our father. I was mesmerized for a moment by his same expression as Grand Duke Estin, so Rex patted me on the elbow.

"What? Oh, yes."

"Hmm...."

Why? You don't like it?

Bonita, Carol, and other maids who helped me wear the dress today were all saying it was so cute. As their employer...... Is that a natural reaction? But Rex told me that I was very cute.

When I looked at Rex, he was smiling brightly, so the words from Rex's saying I'm cute seem a little less credible.

He might also think that the salad he's eating is cute.

"Do you have a ribbon on your head?"

"Yes, this is Carol's......."

At Gilbert's words, I unknowingly raised my hand to the ribbon stuck in my head. The first prince is coming. What am I doing? The dress and ribbon are probably very expensive. The problem is not the dress, but me..... Oh, that's sad. Let's just stop talking.