Chapter 53

"What?"

I was so surprised that I pushed Lucas, who was standing in front of Cameron, and went to stand in front of Cameron. A whip? Carol's body, kneeling next to him, began to tremble. After all, she was once in a strange place and got beaten up.....

I was so angry with Cameron that I thought I couldn't take it anymore.

"Of course, she should be fired too."

"Excuse me."

"Excuse me?"

"Even though she made a mistake, how can you hit and fire her?"

Carol is someone whom I hired. What right does he have to hit and fire her? I can't believe it. No matter how strict the caste system is here, it is ridiculous to think of hitting someone older than you.

"Then, will you, the master, be beaten instead?"

"Cameron!"

"Why am I the owner of a Carol?"

Cameron stepped one step closer to me with a ferocious spirit. His face was quite grimly distorted. It's really ugly. Gilbert tried to get between us when he said he was going to hit me, but I stopped him with my eyes.

"You don't want to get hit on behalf of a maid, do you?"

"Carol's owner is Carol. I bought Carol's labor, not her human rights."

"Ha, human rights?"

Cameron glared at me with a smile. Lucas, who was behind Cameron, raised his hand secretly and pretended to clap. Seeing it almost made me laugh, but I held it in.

"Fire that maid."

"I don't want to."

"Are you going to refuse an imperial order?"

"Are you the emperor?"

"What?"

What do you mean, imperial order? You're not even the emperor and you will never be the emperor.

Cameron swept his hair wildly at my words and threatened me.

"I am the first prince of this empire! The one who will be the next emperor."

"Really, I don't know about that. There wasn't any ceremony."

"This little thing has a big mouth......."

"Aren't you taking this little thing very seriously."

"Pfft."

"Gilbert!"

Gilbert laughed at my words. The laugh made Cameron even more angry, calling Gilbert's name harshly. I didn't avoid Cameron's gaze. I'm really... I've been holding it in for a while.

"Stop it, Cameron. You're literally going to deal with this little thing? She's less than half of you."

"Carol, go get the ice."

Even at my words, Carol continued to sniff. She seemed so nervous that she couldn't hear anything. I tapped Carol on the shoulder and winked at her to get out. Only then did Carol nodded, scrambled up and went outside.

"I really don't like everything here."

"Who...."

"Ah! Really!"

"Mary, You too, stop."

Gilbert said, pinching his forehead as if he were really tired. But seeing him secretly smiling at me behind Cameron's back, Gilbert must have felt better inside too. When I sat down, Rex took my hand. When I peeked at Rex, he was looking at me as if he was saying.