Chapter 82

I went to ride in a carriage. I was personally carried by Grand Duke Estin into the carriage. I cautiously nodded. The carriage started to move forward. I was saddened to see the Grand Duke's disappearing figure in the window. Grand Duke Estin continued to look at the carriage with his arms folded.

"I shouldn't have brought up the orphanage at the end."

I don't know when Grand Duke Estin will return, but he seemed uncomfortable earlier. I think I understand why Grand Duke Estin is reluctant to discuss the orphanage with me.....

Is it?

I recalled what Sophia had said earlier. It's true that while I was living in the orphanage, I wasn't happy but I wasn't sad either. That's where I met Leo and Astina.

My head was resting against the jangling carriage. Since I knew the Grand Duke would pick me up, I didn't feel particularly depressed. What I feel is resentment towards other people who pity me for having a hard time.

Regardless, those experiences shaped who I am today. Do I have to forget that moment just because I wasn't happy at the time?

'Does Grand Duke Estin hate me back then?'

I slammed my head firmly against the wall as soon as the idea crossed my mind.

"Why did I advise Lausanne and Astina earlier? When I'm good at it, I..."

And Leo, of course. Leo kept popping up in my thoughts despite the many things that happened today. Leo kept the gold coins at the time, right? He's definitely still alive, I'm positive. He's a tough kid who won't go down without a fight.

'Demimore will find him.'

I was unknowingly relying on Demimore. Even though he is still a young prince. But perhaps he can do better than asking Hestia.

"But is our house still far away?"

I dangled my feet because I was bored. When I came with Grand Duke Estin, the distance didn't seem that great. I suppose going alone makes it seem farther away. I haven't felt alone in a long time.

'Oh, I'm so tired, I can't wait to get home.'

With other people, it's different, but I really missed Rex. It felt strange not to be around Rex, possibly because we had been together since he arrived at the castle. I was with Leo before I arrived at Conler Castle. Oh, I'm back to thinking about Leo.

The carriage abruptly stopped as I was hitting the back of my head against it. Did the carriage encounter an issue because I kept bumping my head against it? Someone suddenly banged on the carriage as I was turning to look around.

'Did they meet Lucas?'

When I heard a loud roar outside, I tried to sneak out of my seat to find out what was going on. I quickly covered my ears. No, this isn't Lucas. I had an unsettling feeling in an instant. With my hands, I covered my ears.

I felt a chill throughout my body.

"Miss! You must never come out!"

I could hear the Knights' voices. It became quite noisy. I curled up in my seat. I remembered the voice of Grand Duke Estin as he asked me to go back together earlier. The carriage shook violently. If only you were here right now, dad.

"Keep the carriage away!"

A shout came from outside. Yes, they are after me. I used my sleeve to dab away the tiny tears that had started to form around my eyes. After that, I let go of my hunched position and sat straight in my chair. I did my best to straighten my back as I fixed my gaze forward. My body grew cold but my mind calmed.