Chapter 49

"Whose body are we going to set on fire?"

"It has to have a soul similar to Sophia, and it would be good if it's the same gender and has similar fate. Having the same eye color and the same blood flowing would be better......."

At Maria's rambling words, Miller buried his face in his hands. He could see why Maria looked scared. He felt like she was going crazy. Miller asked Maria.

"Where on earth would you find a child like that......."

"There is."

"Maria."

"Don't you remember?"

She's telling him to kill his sister.

When Sofia and Jessica were born their fathers were of the same age. Since they are aunt and niece, they have the same blood, and both of their eyes are dark green. So, if they set Jessica's body on fire...... It means, Sophia will live.

"Make up your mind."

"......Maria."

"You should do anything for your daughter."

Maria's warm hand came over Miller's trembling hand. It was a very friendly and warm consolation for a man who was asked to kill his sister.

But he did not need comfort. Miller's body is shaking...... he was happy.

I can finally get rid of her....

"Brother!"

Jessica Bruno ran out when Miller asked her to take a walk after a long time. He said she was always in the mansion so her skin was so pale. Jessica, who was running with a big smile, stood by Miller's side and stopped smiling.

"Oh, I heard about Sophia....... I haven't even been able to visit her."

"It's all right."

"Her fever needs to go down quickly."

"I'm using good medicine, so she'll get better soon."

"If there's anything I can do, tell me, brother."

"What do you mean, anything?"

"She's my only niece, I'll do whatever I can ......."

"Really, anything."

Miller smiled at Jessica. Jessica was puzzled for a moment by her brother's smile but she also smiled brightly.

And it was that day. He locked Jessica in a separate building used as a warehouse and set her on fire. He dragged Jessica along with only two people he could trust.

Jessica knocked on the door and shouted for help. Miller smiled unconsciously. Strangely, the corners of his mouth kept going up. After a while, Jessica's screams were not heard.

"I feel like she's dead."

"Get her body."

"What?"

"Jessica Bruno unfortunately burned to death when she met a lone man in the detached house."

"......Yes."

"Prepare the funeral in grand style."

After saying that, Miller Bruno turned around and headed for the mansion. He couldn't hold back his laughter while walking.

Father, why didn't you cast a spell on Jessica Bruno instead of the will.......

At the door of the mansion, Maria was looking at Miller with tearful eyes. Miller paused and stared at Maria. Maria nodded her head.