Chapter 10

The fried mushrooms made with fungus for lunch and dinner were picked by Zhou Jing and Shen Mo from the mountain yesterday.

In the evening, before Shen Lin went home, Zhou Jing said, "Little brother, come over early tomorrow, your elder brother and I are going to town, and you stay at home."

This thatched cottage is really just a house, it doesn't matter if it's not raining, People can't stop it. Zhou Jing hid all the treasures he got under the bed and buried them with a haystack. That's all white snowflake silver! If it was stolen, he would cry without crying.

Shen Lin didn't take it seriously and said: "You have a lot of things to do, and I don't know what to see in such a thatched cottage. Besides, I have to go to the back mountain tomorrow to dig vegetables, otherwise what will I eat?"

Still Shen Mo finally said: " Little brother, come over early tomorrow, don't go to the mountains, there are still some fungus and mushrooms at home, you have fried them, and there are things that are very important to your husband at home, I'm afraid they will be lost."

"Okay. Well, come over early tomorrow."

Zhou Jing shook his head. "I hope we can sell something tomorrow, then we will have money, and then we will be able to take Shen Lin over to live with him, so that he will not have to go back to see Wang Chunhua's face. However, I am also surprised that Shen Lin is like this. How could Wang Chunhua not let Shen Lin work, she ran to our house."

Shen Mo's face was a little embarrassed, but he said it anyway.

"I taught him, I have suffered hardship myself, I know. I let him pretend to be sick, as long as the family let him work, I let him pretend to be sick. Later, when the mother died, the stepmother came in and let him The younger brother followed Xiaxia to work, so I let Xiaxia pretend to faint. Everyone in the village is in the field, so I can see clearly, the younger brother has a reputation for being weak, and after doing this, others say that if you have a stepmother, you will have a queen. Dad, my dad has a good face, he has done it a few times, and the villagers told him not to treat the child harshly or something, and if he couldn't get over his face, he wouldn't let Shen Lin work."

"Besides, when there was me in the family at that time, I would do it if my younger brother didn't do it, and that's it. Later, when I got married, I was afraid that my younger brother would be bullied, so I promised to spend ten pennies on Wang Chun every month, and told her not to let her The younger brother works, of course she agrees for the money."

"Ten cents a month, where do you get so much money?"

"One year when I went up the mountain, I found a small Ganoderma lucidum in the mountain and sold it for a tael of silver. The family said that it was secretly hidden."

Zhou Jing smiled lightly. His little husband, he is very fond of him.

The next morning, Shen Lin came early, and Zhou Jing and Shen Mo left without having breakfast. It wasn't that the two of them didn't want to eat, but that if the two of them ate something at home, Shen Lin would be hungry.

Zhou Jing and Shen Mo had no money in their pockets, so they could only walk away. The dirt road from Wangjia Village to the town is not easy to walk. It takes an hour and a half to rely on the legs, and it takes about an hour to build a donkey cart.

The sun was just sticking out when the two of them left, and now it has come out completely.

"How far is it?" Zhou Jing wiped the sweat from his forehead. He always felt that he was still the type of person who exercises regularly, but he couldn't bear to walk such a long distance.

"There's still half an hour!" Shen Mo was also a little unable to walk. He had hardly come to town before, he had not come this far. But he has done farm work and can do it for a day. Today, he can't walk because of back pain.

Shen Mo secretly rubbed his waist and was seen by Zhou Jing at a glance.

"Let's sit down and rest for a while." It was still cold in the morning and evening in spring. The two found a sunny place. Shen Mo was about to sit, but Zhou Jing suddenly said, "Wait."

Zhou Jing took off his coat . Come down, fold it a few times and lay it on the ground. "Don't get cold."

Shen Mo's heart is sour, how could this person treat him so well, he is just a pair of children! There is no family in the Zhuang family who likes a pair of children. Even the best people are not harsh at most.

Shen Mo was about to ask Zhou Jing if it would be cold, when a mule cart came running behind him. The Zhuang family's mule carts are mainly used to work in the fields, and are usually used to run the town during the slack farming season. A few families make an appointment together for a day, each person is two cents, and if they collect ten, they can go for a trip. However, because it is not specially used for soliciting passengers, there is no carriage, and they all sit on the big board of the donkey cart.

This way, you can see clearly inside and out.

"Hey, Xiao Ju, don't you think that's Zhou Jing? It's just pestering you, being slashed by your brother, and being defrauded of a hundred pennies?"

Zhang Ju's face suddenly sank, and she deliberately said loudly: "I I don't know him, Shuhua, don't talk nonsense."

Everyone in the car knew about Zhang Ju and Zhou Jing's crazy idea.

The woman who had something good to say said: "Zhang Ju, you don't know him? Who instructed him to go down the river to touch the bastard? I remember that the bastard was quite big, and it led the old lady Wang over there. !"

The people in the car burst into laughter, and Zhang Ju could not wait to get out of the car immediately.

Zhang Ju's face was red at what she said, and she just wanted to leave the relationship between the two immediately. He said anxiously: "Look at his poor and sour appearance, I just care about what he wants, can he come up with a penny. That bastard was originally touched by my brother. My brother was afraid that it would bite me, so he asked him to help him. This generation of people in the village saw it, and it was rumored that he gave it to me, and it was also corrupted by Mrs. Wang. Just think about him like this, you can't afford it yourself, how can you give me good things! "

"Oh, that's not the same. When you are still young, don't you pay attention to a oath when you are young? If you follow him, don't say a big king, even if you order him! I don't believe you. When I asked him to try it, I saw that he was holding a big cock in his hand! If you open your mouth, I will give it to you!"

The people in the car laughed again. Zhang Ju was so angry that she burst into tears, " I

wouldn't care about a guy who wants things! Besides, who would associate with that kind of person, it's just right for a lowly pair like Shen Mo!"

Speaking of Zhou Jing, Zhou Jing doesn't care, anyway, that's what the predecessor did. But Zhou Jing couldn't stand people talking about Shen Mo like that, thinking that Shen Mo grew up in such an environment, being discriminated against and ridiculed by others. Zhou Jing can't control men and women, he just wants to bring it over and treat others in his own way, and let the woman know what it feels like to be taunted by someone pointing her nose in front of her face.

He stood up and was about to chase the away donkey cart, but was caught by Shen Mo.

"Forget it, I've heard a lot of words like this, and I can't even care about it."

"How about that? It's fine if you don't tell me to hear it. Since I've heard it, then one case counts for another, and I will Go back!"

Shen Mo didn't want to but suddenly laughed.

"Zhou Jing, it's enough to have your attitude, I'm very happy."

"You, the requirements for me are too small, you can expect more. In fact, your husband is quite capable."

"I know ." Shen Mo said softly.

Zhou Jing held Shen Mo's hand tightly, "I will never let people bully you again!"

Shen Mo smiled and said, "I will also protect you, in fact, I... I am also quite fierce, I used to be Dare not."

"It's okay in the future, I just like fierce husbands."

Shen Mo was embarrassed and said, "We're almost at rest, let's go, get to the town early, so we can go back early." The

two walked for another half an hour . Finally, I arrived in town, and after inquiring about a restaurant with fair prices for wild things, I came to a restaurant called Tianxiake.

It's not a place to eat, and there aren't many people in the restaurant. Xiao Er sat lazily behind a table, while the shopkeeper was playing with the abacus.

"Excuse me, are there wild animals here?" Zhou Jing asked.

Zhou Jing wore a straw hat with short hair in order not to cause unnecessary trouble. Wearing a straw hat this season is not unusual.

The shopkeeper looked up at their patched clothes and knew they were farmers. I took it lightly in my heart, but I didn't express it too much.

He just said not enthusiastically at all: "Take it, Xiao Er, you weigh them, and you will give them twenty cents per pound."

"Got it." Xiao Er responded and led them to the back kitchen.

The pheasant was slightly larger, weighing five pounds, and was given one hundred and ten cents.

Zhou Jing counted out five coins from it and secretly stuffed it into Xiao Er.

"Little brother, I want to ask you something?"

Wuwen is not much, he runs errands in the restaurant, and sometimes he can receive rewards. But with free money, no one will want it no matter how little it is. But it depends on what the person asking is asking.

"Little brother, don't worry, it's not a matter of inquiring about privacy, and it won't embarrass you." Zhou Jing said: "You know, our farmers are idle except when the farming is busy. It's not that the family has a tight life, just I want to come out to work, but I'm afraid that I'll meet a harsh master for a year's worth of work, and I won't have to pay for it. I just want to ask you to find out which master has a good heart, works well at home, and won't treat day laborers harshly."

Xiao Er said: "This season, the gentlemen's homes are not recruiting people."

Zhou Jingdao: "There will always be recruits, I always pay attention, if you are lucky, don't do white labor. Brother, I want to If not, you only mentioned a few companies that I can do to recruit people, and I will pay attention to these families."

Xiao Er only said four companies, and after thinking about it, he said, "If you want to talk about short-term jobs, it is better to Our county magistrate's family is the best. Our county magistrate is fair to officials and kind to people. The wife of the family also goes to the temple to burn incense and worship Buddha during the festivals. However, you can't go there."

"Thank you, little brother." Zhou Jing Xie passed the shop and Shen Mo walked out of the shop.

Shen Mo thought for a while and said, "I've heard some things about the county magistrate's family."

"What's the matter, I'll listen to you, maybe it's useful." Zhou Jing planned to find people who were trustworthy and would not be greedy for their things. The wealthy family shot. He didn't know anything about this place, and it was the first time that Shen Mo came to town, and his eyes were also darkened. However, he was born and raised in the end, and he was better than someone who had passed through. Some rumors were still known.