Chapter 58 Revenge and adoption

"This kid once begged me to bring lunch home, but he didn't eat it himself. Otherwise, Zheng Liu would kill him. I couldn't bear it, so I agreed."

Shen Mo suddenly asked without saying a word. Said: "Do you think you are doing this with good intentions, in order to complete this child? No, I tell you that you are helping the emperor to abuse, and the good intentions will not be used in the right place, and will only be counterproductive."

Cheng Yu couldn't understand, he was doing this because Help the child so that he can be beaten less.

But Shen Mo said: "The greed of the bad guys is never-ending, and it's not something that can be satisfied by your little kindness. You think that if you let the child take the food back, Zheng Liu will be happy, and he can beat the child less. No, he will only intensify and become more and more greedy. If you don't believe me, you can ask this child, since you kindly let him work in the dyeing workshop until now, he has been beaten less. "

This..." Cheng Yu couldn't say it anymore, don't ask, this child works under his nose every day, and new injuries are added every day.

Shen Mo sighed, "Forget it, that's it." As soon as

Shen Mo lifted his foot and walked out of the door, he saw Aunt Shen waiting for him outside the dyeing workshop, her eyes shining with unkind light, but her face was crying miserably.

"Shen Mo, you are generous. Now that your family is so rich and rich, don't make it difficult for me, an old woman. It's not easy for us orphans and widows. I beg you to let us go and give us There's a way to live!" As he said that, he actually knelt down to Shen Mo and kowtowed.

Shen Mo's face was ashen, and he dodged away. what is this? Force him in front of his workers?

In Shen Mo's heart, there was only a strong disgust, and the last bit of pity for Aunt Shen's orphans, widows and mothers over the years was also worn down to ashes.

"I don't understand what Aunt Shen means? Why is my Zhou family embarrassing you? My two bosses and I are in the town almost every day, and the village rarely comes back once, so why are you persecuting you? , today you don't have to hide it, tell it all, just to tell the workers in my family, and let them know what kind of person my boss is?"

Aunt Shen cried and said: "Your family and my family. To terminate the contract, I don't need my son to come to your house to work, isn't that just forcing us orphans and widows to die?"

Oh, after hearing Aunt Shen's harassment, the workers couldn't stand it, and pointed at Aunt Shen and scolded the old man. shameless.

Shen Mo said coldly: "If you say so, if I don't invite you and your son to work, I will force you from the Zhou family. There are too many people in the village who have not been invited to work. "

I don't care, if you don't ask my family to work, you're forcing us to die!" Now that the trouble has reached this point, Aunt Shen's only thought is whether it will be successful or not.

Shen Mo is too lazy to talk nonsense with her anymore, these few words will let the workers in his family know who is the unreasonable one. She was about to leave when she raised her leg, but Aunt Shen had the mentality that she would be benevolent if she didn't succeed, so she couldn't let Shen Mo leave at all.

Aunt Shen rushed up and slammed into Shen Mo heavily. Shen Mo's body fell back uncontrollably, and her ears were all shouting and screaming from different voices.

"Zhou Fulang, be careful, protect your head, there is a big rock behind you." But

it was too late, Shen Mo fell backwards heavily, seeing that his head was about to be knocked on the rock, and suddenly rushed out from the dyeing workshop. The small figure, the child moved very quickly, rushing to lie on the stone, wrapping the stone tightly with his entire small body, Shen Mo's head slammed on the child's body.

Everything settled down in an instant, but Cheng Yu was soaked all over his forehead. Seeing that Shen Mo was fine, he seemed to come back to his senses.

"Zhou Fulang...how are you?"

Aunt Shen on the side didn't expect things to get to this point. She just wanted to jump up and hug Shen Mo and cry and beg, so that others might think what happened to her by Shen Mo. , and then forced to use her house as a last resort, but she didn't expect to use too much force and knocked Shen Mo down.

Aunt Shen stood there dumbfounded.

Shen Mo turned over, and his first reaction was to look at the child who used his own body to put him under him.

The little boy must have fainted from pain, his eyes were closed, and he was dripping with cold sweat.

"Quick, Brother Cheng, drive the bullock cart, let's go to the town." The

bullock cart was almost driven by Cheng Yu, and arrived at the town sooner than usual by a cup of tea.

Shen Mo broke into a hospital with someone in his arms and shouted anxiously, "Doctor, doctor, please take a look at this child, whether the internal organs are injured."

A doctor rushed over, rolled his eyelids and felt his pulse. , picked up the little boy's clothes again, and when he saw the dense layers of new wounds and old wounds on the little boy's body, he let out a breath of air.

"This child didn't hurt his internal organs, he just fainted from pain. I just don't know whose child this is, how could the adults in the family be so willing to be beaten like this?"

Shen Mo shook his head, his eye circles were hot, and he used to feel pitiful to see this child , but now this child has made him a human flesh cushion in order to save him, and the feelings in this wounded heart become very complicated.

"Xiao Mo, Xiao Mo..." A man in the dyeing workshop reported a letter to Zhou Jing, and Zhou Jing hurried over.

"I'm fine, but this child is trying to save me..." Shen Mo couldn't hold back his mouth and choked up.

Seeing that Shen Mo was fine, Zhou Jing breathed a sigh of relief and looked at the bed. The child lying on the bed was the adopted son that Zheng Liu brought yesterday.

The child's eyelashes trembled, and he opened his eyes in a daze. He didn't seem to see where he was, so he cried out, "Mother, I hurt."

Shen Mo's heart seemed to be broken. He rushed up and hugged the little boy, "Good, good boy, it won't hurt after taking the medicine, good." The

little boy fell asleep after being fed the medicine, but his hand was tightly tugging on Shen Mo's, and the corners of his mouth showed a little bit. Never had a smile.

While wiping away his tears, Shen Mo applied medicine to the little boy. There were so many injuries on the child's body that Shen Mo could no longer count them.

"Brother Jing, let's adopt this child, he saved my life, if it weren't for the one who broke his head today, it would be me."

Zhou Jing squatted on the ground and gently wiped the little boy's body, "Okay, we Take care of him."

Shen Mo said: "That Mrs. Shen and Zheng Liu can't be spared either."

"Don't worry, Mrs. Shen, I will teach her a lesson she will never forget, and tell her to detour when she meets Zhou in the future. Zheng Liu, I will not let him have a good life, just how to solve him, let the child grow up, let him make a decision, we will charge some interest first."

Zhou Jing didn't come forward at all, just looking for something The person went to Zheng Liu's house and spent only 2 taels of silver. Zheng Liu happily sold the little boy. From the beginning to the end, he didn't know that the family who bought the child was the Zhou family, and he didn't even know that the child saved the Zhou family's family. The husband at the top of the heart, otherwise the greed of Zheng Liu's family may be difficult to calm down.

Shen Mo and Zhou Jing changed the little boy into clean clothes, wrapped them in a small quilt, paid 2 taels of silver for the consultation, and brought them back to the shop in the town.

As soon as she entered the door, Chen Huihui came up to her and said anxiously, "Fu Zhou, are you alright? A villager just came to report to the master that you fell and scared the master. Fortunately, you are all right."

"Well." Shen Mo nodded. , with all his attention on the little boy, he carefully carried him into the room, put him on the bed, and pulled a thin blanket over him.

Chen Huihui stood beside the bed and looked at the wounded body lying on the bed. Although she changed into neat clothes and wiped her face clean, her hair was still a little dirty child with greasy hair.

"Who is this child?"

Zhou Jing pointed to the outside, "Let's go out and say, don't disturb the child, let him sleep more."

Chen Huihui was a little strange about the child's identity and couldn't help but take a closer look, and after she came out with Zhou Jing Still curious: "Who's the young master? Why are you playing so dirty?"

Zhou Jing said lightly, "It's me and Xiao Mo's child."

"Ah." Chen Huihui covered her mouth and exclaimed, " Did you raise it in the countryside before you brought it back?"

"Well." Zhou Jing ordered: "Go to the kitchen to cook yam porridge, cook it with white rice, don't put coarse grains, cook it thicker, the child has been hungry for a long time, hard I have a stomachache."

"Oh." Chen Huihui agreed, but she felt strange in her heart. How did this young master of the Zhou family make him look like a wandering child, his hair was dirty and he didn't say anything. Listening to the master's words, it seemed that he hadn't eaten for a long time. But the Zhou family is so rich, even if her maid can eat white rice, big fish and big meat, why is her young master so hungry?

Full of doubts, Chen Huihui entered the kitchen.

The little boy hadn't slept for a long time, suddenly woke up, opened his eyes and stayed for a while before he seemed to react.

"Are you awake?" Shen Mo asked happily.

The little boy didn't answer, he wanted to get up and go down to the ground, but as soon as he moved, his stomach twitched and hurt. He didn't cry out in pain, he didn't even cover his stomach with his hands, he just lowered his head and crawled down.

This stubborn look made Shen Mo feel bad, and hurried over to stop him.

"You still have injuries, don't move, does it hurt?" Shen Mo softly coaxed the child.

The child didn't seem to appreciate it, and instead bypassed him and continued to climb down from the bed.

Shen Mo held the child in his arms, as if coaxing a baby.

"Good, don't move, it hurts, eat some porridge later, and then lie down." The

child was probably so grown up and had never been coaxed like this, but he was lost for a while, but he reacted after a while and smiled sarcastically.

"What's the difference between walking now and walking for a while?" The little boy's voice was hoarse, as if he hadn't spoken for a long time, like gravel rubbing against sandpaper. And the voice has a kind of indifference that should never be seen at this age. Being scolded by life, the sadness of life and death is no more than the indifference of heart death, as if there is nothing else that can stir up the slightest ripple in his heart.

Shen Mo's heart seemed to be stirred by an invisible hand, and he couldn't speak for a while in pain. It wasn't until the little boy in his arms struggled again that he held him down in panic.

"If you want, come to my house and be my son!" The

little boy raised his head suddenly, and for the first time there was an expression of disbelief on his indifferent face. He almost thought that he had heard it wrong, and carefully and earnestly searched for every expression on Shen Mo's face and eyes, and it took a cup of tea to make sure that Shen Mo was not joking. However, before he could rejoice, the expression on his face darkened.

"Your master won't agree. After all, you're only a twin. You can't do this kind of big thing."

As soon as the little boy's voice fell, Zhou Jing pushed open the door and came in, holding a white porcelain bowl in his hand.

"Who said that, our family is not better than other people's. There are two kinds of things in our family, small and small, I am the master of big things, but big things and small things..." Zhou Jing looked at Shen Mo meaningfully and said: "But it is The husband is in charge."

This love story is very old-fashioned in later generations and can't be coaxed, but to coax Shen Mo here, one is worth two. Not only did he coax the little man to bow his head, he was shy and sweet, but he also frightened the little ghost who had just arrived.

This week's house seems to be different from anyone else he has seen...

The little boy lowered his head, his expression hidden in the shadows and could not be seen clearly.

Shen Mo took the white porcelain bowl from Zhou Jing's hand and brought it to the child's eyes. It was a steaming bowl of white rice porridge with yam, and an egg lay quietly on the soft rice porridge.

The aroma of rice porridge entered the little boy's nostrils, causing his stomach to growl.

"Then, do you want to be my husband and I a son?" The

little boy looked at the rice porridge and said nothing.

Shen Mo knew that the child was very serious. He was afraid that he would think too much, so he teased him: "Of course, if you don't want to be my son, this white porridge is also for you to eat."

Unexpectedly, the little boy heard this After the sentence, he said: "I do."

Shen Mo's nose was sour, and he said astringently: "Good boy, we will be the child of our Zhou family in the future, I will be you, Jing Ge will be your father, you are us My biological son, Brother Jing and I will protect you in this life and will never let bad people hurt you again." The

little boy replied as if he was swearing, "As long as you treat me as your son, I will be all of you in this life. son."

"Good boy." Shen Mo gently rubbed the child's head, not too dirty. "What's your name?"

The little boy frowned in disgust at that name, "Since I'm your son, of course I should call your name."

Zhou Jing smiled and said, "Yes, why don't I just call Zhou Yu? Let's take the homophonic meaning of meeting. The meeting between you and me, the meeting between you and us, the people who should meet in the dark will always meet."

"Zhou Yu, a good name." The

little boy also said silently in his heart . These two words, Zhou Yu. This name is not a casual and perfunctory one like Zheng Liu, but a meaningful name, to commemorate his daddy Amo's encounter, and also to commemorate his encounter with them. Perhaps, this place is really different from other places, and it will become his salvation.

"Eat some porridge for a while, then go to sleep, open your mouth." Shen Mo brought a spoonful of porridge to Zhou Yu's mouth, but Zhou Yu was stunned. After reacting, he didn't eat after all.

"I'll do it myself."

Shen Mo turned to look at Zhou Jing, Zhou Jing said, "Give it to him, it's not bad for a child to be independent."

At the beginning of a bowl of porridge, Zhou Yu could still eat it in small bites . The mouth was so fragrant that I couldn't care about it, I swallowed it, and it was gone after a few spoonfuls.

"You've been hungry for too long. The doctor said that you can't eat too much food in one go. First, eat less porridge and feed you meat."

Zhou Yu didn't believe it when he ate meat. In Zheng Liu's house, being able to eat is his greatest wish.

"Okay, lie down for a while and have a good rest."

Zhou Jing and Shen Mo withdrew and went to the shop in the front yard. Shen Mo looked melancholy.

"Xiaoyu is too wary, and I don't know if the two of us are going to become a pair of worrying dads."

Zhou Jing said, " Take your time." The

Wangjia Village had already exploded, when Aunt Shen returned home In just an hour's time, the arrest in the town's yamen will come soon.

Without waiting for Aunt Shen to speak, she pushed and shoved people around. After receiving the report from the villagers, Wang Fulu rushed over and asked politely, "Several officials, I am Lizheng from Wangjia Village. I don't know what happened to Sister Shen?"

The official said rudely. : "You ask her what she did, just because the Zhou family didn't ask her to work, she would have bad thoughts, and she even had the idea of ​​murdering Zhou Fulang. If Zhou Fulang was not rescued by a child, he would have given it to her today. She did it!"

"I, I didn't, I didn't mean to..."

Hu Kuai had a sword on his waist and slapped Aunt Shen directly on the back, slapping Aunt Shen directly on the ground, and immediately rudely He pulled up and scolded: "Don't talk nonsense, what you said on purpose or not is not counted, the county magistrate has his own judgment."

Aunt Shen knew that Wang Fulu knew the county magistrate and wanted to cry for his help. She was willing to pay the money, but Turning his head, he saw Wang Fulu staring at her in disgust, but he didn't care, and Ren Zhukuai pushed her away.

"Big Brother Lizheng...Save me..."

Wang Fulu never looked at her again from beginning to end.

When Wang Dali came back, he found out that his mother was arrested and was taken away, and he was so frightened that he sat on the ground. In the end, it was the villagers who made a move and asked him to take the money and leave the relationship quickly.

Only then did Wang Dali bring all his belongings and rush to the town. He spent eight taels of money to buy a yamen, begged for mercy, beat Aunt Shen with ten boards and was detained for three days.

Zhou Jing didn't intend to kill Aunt Shen, not because he was kind, but because he wanted to keep her alive, watching the days of those who were close to their Zhou family get better and better, but her family became more and more miserable, and she was living every day. Discuss, this is revenge.

Aunt Shen's buttocks were opened, and she could only lie on her stomach even after applying the medicine, tears pouring down her cheeks. She hated herself for what happened, how she got lard in her heart, now that it's okay, the money has been paid, and the board has been beaten, and all those who shouldn't have been offended have been offended by her.

At this time, her thoughts of dying were born, but she just watched her eldest son and thought that she hadn't seen her grandson born yet, and she was unwilling to die like this. But I know in my heart that it will be hard after this day.

When Shen Lin and Wang Ren knew the news, they rushed over at night. After seeing Zhou Yu, Shen Lin secretly said to Shen Mo: "Brother, I always feel that this child has a heavy heart and is not suitable for adoption. You have to be careful not to raise only one child. White-eyed wolf. Otherwise, even in order to repay his kindness, let him be raised by a kind-hearted family, and let's give him more money."

Shen Mo shook his head and said, "Xiao Lin, he saved me with his life, even if he is really a I also want to take care of a child who has a heavy heart. He can't be exchanged for his life, so I won't give him a chance."

"That's fine, but you have to be careful with him." The

Zhou family's business gradually stabilized , Because the cloth is dyed beautifully and brightly, it is very popular whether it is coarse cloth, cotton cloth worn by the rich, or silk that can only be worn by the rich. In particular, there are salesmen unique to the Zhou family. After layers of sales, they are wholesaled to major cloth villages. Because they are not edible and will not break, they are not limited to regions, and they can also be sold in distant towns. Therefore, this part of the expenses alone is enough to pay for all the expenses in the dyeing workshop and the monthly records of the salesperson, and there are still two or three hundred pure profits left over the month.

But now two or three hundred taels are only a small number for the Zhou family, and the real big head is in the cloth village. Women's business, especially wealthy women's business, is really easy to do, whether it is to compare, or to keep the master at home, they don't hesitate to spend a lot of money. The monthly gross profit is more than enough to earn seven or eight hundred taels.

The Zhou family is really proud now, and their food and clothes are all up to a high level. All of Zhou Jing and Shen Mo's clothes have been replaced with silk and satin, as well as Zhou Yu's. The housemaid, Chen Huihui, was wearing cotton cloth.

Zhou Jing has been lying on the counter writing and drawing for the past few days, not knowing what he is doing. Shen Mo is used to it, Zhou Jing often has many novel ideas. Shen Mo seldom asks on his own initiative, for fear of disturbing his thoughts. Anyway, after a few days, he will take the initiative to tell him when he draws it.

Shen Mo just received a woman's bank note, found a bank note and pieces of silver and went out, looking up to meet Chen Huihui's inquiring gaze.

She didn't hide, but asked with a smile: "Zhou Fulang, the money of the ladies of the big family is really good, the more expensive the more people like it."

Shen Mo frowned slightly, "It's not that the more expensive you like, the more you like it, but the skirt. The quality is good. Our silk, satin and brocade are all transported from the south of the Suzhou-Hangzhou River, and one piece can reach a thousand taels, so the ready-made clothes are naturally expensive."

Chen Huihui laughed: "Isn't this the same? ?"

After speaking, Shen Mo jumped to Zhou Jing's side and looked at what he had drawn on the paper.

"Wow, it's so beautiful, sir, what is this? It's so beautiful." Chen Huihui praised.

Zhou Jing turned over the blueprint and looked at Chen Huihui coldly.

"Please don't look at the things I draw in the future. This is a business secret. It's you. If someone looks at me like this, I will send him to the yamen to eat in prison."

Chen Huihui's face turned pale with fright, "I, I didn't expect it to be so serious, I won't dare it next time."

"In the future, you are not allowed to enter my study room. There are many artworks used in business. You can't understand and treat them as waste paper. Throw it away for me. Xiao Mo will clean it up himself, you know?"

Chen Huihui was a little aggrieved, but she just glanced at it, and she won't lose a piece of meat. Besides, she is the handmaiden of the Zhou family, and it is impossible for her to go out and talk nonsense. It's good that she doesn't even let her clean the study.

With red eyes, Chen Huihui lowered her head and said, "I know" and ran away.

"She's only sixteen or seventeen years old, and she's a lively age. I think she just glanced at it out of curiosity, but she doesn't have any other thoughts. However, I'll clean the study myself after that."

"Then I will trouble the husband. "Zhou Jing giggled and gave Shen Mo a bow, teasing his little husband.

Shen Mo was used to his sloppy appearance, and even more shameless, so he didn't bother to pay attention to him.

Zhou Jing said, "Come here, I've come up with something good again. This is definitely a good deal." When it came to

money, Shen Mo forgot everything and came over in a rush. A sudden bite on the cheek.

"You're not serious..."

"Hey, hey, don't go, husband, I'm not going to lie to you this time, I really have something good for you to see."

Shen Mo thought he was fierce, and in Zhou Jing's eyes Lovely, "Really?"

"Really." Zhou Jing coaxed people over with a smirk, and showed Zhou Jing a painting, "How is it?"

Shen Mo tilted his head to look hard for a while, and thought about it , said dryly: "It's pretty."

Zhou Jing was helpless: "Xiao Mo, this is silver?"

"Yin? It's not like a woman wears a skirt. Such a little doll doesn't look like a real person."

Zhou Jing raised his forehead, "Xiao Mo, this is We make dolls like this. The sizes are different. The smallest is as small as the palm of your hand, and the largest can be made as big as a real person. These dolls don't need to be real people, as long as they are beautiful and delicate. I plan to use black jade and pink red for the eyes and mouth. The jade is rounded and made. The hair and eyebrows are collected from real people at a high price, and they are processed on the doll's head."

"Each doll will be put on a delicate and beautiful skirt and shoes, and the hair will be combed in various ways. When it is sold, a small doll will be matched with a few small skirts of the style of mid-range real dresses sold in our store, or the style of nightdresses in the store, and a few pairs of small shoes."

"The skirt on the doll is fine. The hair is made of real human hair, so it can be washed casually. In this way, the ladies who have sold it back can comb the doll's hair and dress up at will, and can also change clothes according to their own preferences. As for the doll's clothes, we also store it in our store. Selling it alone, they can do what they like."

Shen Mo said: "If this is the case, the cost will be very large."

"What we are doing is the business of those ladies and girls who are poor and only have money in the deep house compound, so we are not afraid of expensive. , the more expensive the better. The more expensive, the more honorable they are."

Zhou Jing took out a few more patterns, "These animal patterns can be made into twelve zodiac signs, and they can be made in different sizes. This audience is not only women. Ladies and gentlemen, children and the elderly will also like it."

"How much are you going to sell these dolls for?"

"Everything will be made into two kinds, expensive and cheap. The expensive ones are high-end and delicate. For the ladies of the big families, they must be beautiful and delicate, and we keep them for sale. As for the cheap dolls, the eyes will be used. Buttons or cloth strips are replaced. Our store does not sell it, and is only responsible for supplying other stores. I have already thought about it. This kind of thing is easy to learn and very easy to copy. We cannot monopolize the market. Cheap imitations will come out sooner or later. If we don't go, we will imitate them ourselves, and we will imitate them at the same price as other family members. After all, we are genuine, and at the same price, we will definitely be more willing to ask us."