Chapter 66

Meng Shi was angry when she saw Jiang Shi, and was just about to rush up to find someone who was uncomfortable when a woman behind her stabbed her.

"It's time for you, if you don't enter, can I enter?"

Mrs. Meng glared at Mr. Jiang angrily, "Why don't you come in? It's been a long time."

Mrs. Meng entered the concierge, and there was only one table in the room. Two people sit. One is a twin and the other is a woman. There were no gold hairpins and silver ornaments on the pair of children's heads. Although Pu Hua was truthful, the clothes on their bodies were of fine brocade. Although the woman's clothes were not bad, they were just ordinary cotton clothes.

Meng Shi secretly sighed that fate was unfair, and they were not as rich and rich as a pair of children, and they didn't know how the pair had such a good life, so they could eat and drink spicy food.

No matter what she thought in her heart, Mrs. Meng still presented her own embroidery, "Father, you see this is my embroidery."

Shen Mo was not proficient in embroidery, only sewing and mending. This time, I followed Zhao Cui to select candidates, and they were caught because of insufficient manpower.

Zhou Jing wanted to take care of the business in the shop, Fan Xin was busy choosing the location and shop, so he was the only one left at home, so he came over to help.

Zhao Cui couldn't write, and couldn't read a few words, but Shen Mo just knew it, so he made a record for her.

Shen Mo took the embroidery and showed it to Zhao Cui.

Zhao Cui glanced, frowning slightly, hesitating.

"What's wrong?" Shen Mo asked.

Zhao Cui said: "Zhou Fulang, although this embroidery has some hints of Su embroidery, it is not the essence. It is much better than the ones sent by others, but it can be used. I don't know how much time and effort it will take to grind it out. Craftsmanship. Why is this embroidered lady in Liu Town so in short supply!"

Shen Mo said, "Let's leave the address first and talk about it later."

Mrs. Meng knew that she was not satisfied with her embroidery, but she had no other idea. After all, a high-level compound like the Zhou family is still in awe for them, and their eyes are higher than ordinary people, so it is right to look down on her embroidery.

After leaving the address, Mrs. Meng turned around and went out. When she walked to the door and looked up, she saw Mrs. Jiang, and her heart was full of anger.

Obviously it was Mrs. Meng who almost knocked Mrs. Jiang down, but she was the first to shout: "Your boss is a lame man, are you blind, why don't you have eyes when you walk and bump into people?"

Mrs. Jiang's face was ugly, even if Mrs. Meng Embarrassing her, she never cared. But when it comes to Jiang Wei, Jiang can't bear it. If it weren't for her, Jiang Wei's legs wouldn't hurt. It could be seen that Mrs. Jiang was already very angry, but she didn't care about the location, so she just said: "Meng's eldest sister, you hit me."

Mrs. Meng shouted with her arms crossed: "I hit you, you have such a big face. , how come I don't bump into anyone on such a big road, but bump into you?"

Jiang Shi couldn't bear it, she was here to apply, and at this time, she was arguing with Meng Shi, no matter who was unreasonable in this matter, in the end it would only be Leave a bad impression on both sides of the host family.

Thinking like this, he decided to calm down, "It's my sister who didn't see my sister, so I can't make it up to my sister."

"What is your sister's sister, who is your sister, shameless!" a master home.

The women and girls in line pointed and talked a lot, and those passing by on the street also stopped to look inside the house.

Zhao Cui's face turned cold, and she shouted loudly: "What do you think this place is so noisy for you!"

Meng Shi immediately bowed his head like a quail and walked out of the house honestly.

When she arrived at Jiang's, she was afraid that Shen Mo and Zhao Cui would think about her because of what happened just now, so she apologized first.

This move first won Zhao Cui's three-point favor, and then picked up the embroidery in her hand, her eyes lit up instantly.

"You know Su embroidery?" Zhao Cui asked.

Mrs. Jiang said politely: "I used to be a Suzhou embroidery mother, and I came to Liuzhen because of my marriage."

Zhao Cui smiled. This is the most satisfying piece of embroidery she has been applying for in the past few days. This embroidery piece Even better than hers, this is the level of Suzhou Embroidery Mother.

Zhao Cui was very satisfied and almost wanted to make a decision on the spot, but she still asked Shen Mo's opinion first.

Shen Mo didn't understand this, and only asked her to call the shots.

"You come to Zhou Fulang and leave your address here. After the application is over in a few days, someone will come to your house to invite you." Zhao Cui said, "I don't know if you know our rules. Our family's requirement is to sign a long-term contract and a confidentiality contract. , 50 taels for half a year, but one thing, because our embroidered clothes are unique, novel, and unique. During the work, we are required to eat and live in the host's house, and we can only put them home after the work is completed. But you can rest assured that it is not just You will be locked up and not allowed to communicate with your family. Instead, your family members will come to visit for two hours every three days, but during the Youshi, there will be someone waiting by your side and cannot speak alone. This is not to harass you, it is for confidentiality and to prevent the embroidery mother at home. Collusion with the family to leak out the things to be done."

Jiang used to be an embroiderer and made many expensive dresses, some of which were especially expensive, and they would be supervised by the master and not allowed to communicate with outsiders. So she had no objection to this request, and nodded to show that she knew.

As soon as he entered the house, the lame Jiang Wei greeted him. He didn't ask whether the work was successful or not, but said: "Liu Zhen is in our Linzhen, you are tired after walking so far, drink a bowl of water, and I will give it to you. Go and cook."

Jiang's father and mother Jiang came out of the house to see this scene, and could only sigh helplessly. Their son was already dizzy by Jiang's head, and it was useless to say anything.

Jiang shi followed into the kitchen and helped with the work. Jiang Wei drove her a few times, but she did not say a word but did not leave, so Jiang Wei could only follow her.

The two worked dully for a while, and Jiang Shi suddenly said: "The master said that this time the work may be kept in the master's house in order to keep secrets, and the work can only be released after the work is completed."

Jiang Wei was nervous when he heard it. " This is not a liar, how to be a job and still live in the main house."

Jiang said: "The dress is more expensive in fashion, if an embroidery girl steals the drawings and passes it on to the outside, the appearance is leaked in advance. It's valuable."

Jiang Wei said loudly, "That's right."

Jiang shi glanced at him, "But the master is kind and promised to spend two hours with his family every three days, so as not to worry about the family."

Jiang Wei immediately said: "Then I'll see you when the time comes." After speaking, as if he had reacted, he added carefully, "Is it okay?"

Jiang shi nodded lightly and stopped talking.

After lunch, there was a knock on the door of Jiang's house, and it was Mrs. Meng who came and came over with her family's clothes and asked Mrs. Jiang to wash.

Because Jiang's family was going to work in Liuzhen in a few days, Jiang Wei didn't want her to be tired, so he excused her.

Meng Shi was angry and jealous, and said with hatred: "She is a mortal star, look at what has happened to your family since she entered your house. You are still protecting her now, and she is giving it to you. Gu, why are you obsessed!"

Jiang Wei suddenly gloomy, "My family has nothing to do with her, you don't come here in the future, she is going to work, I am a man who can't entertain you or a woman. "

Meng was blasted out by Jiang Wei, and when he turned around, he saw Jiang standing at the door. After hearing everything, Jiang Wei's face turned pale.

"Well, don't listen to Meng Shi's nonsense. My family's affairs have nothing to do with you. I know you are a good woman, and you don't want to marry me, because I'm not lucky. If you meet someone you like, I will I will divorce you and marry you as a younger sister. This is your family. If you and I are not married, your husband's family will not treat you badly because of this."

Jiang shi lowered his head, still as before. No words, no idea what to think.

In the Zhou family's bedroom, Zhou Yu was lying on the desk to read the ledger, Zhou Jing pointed and occasionally said a few words to Shen Mo.

"Xiao Mo, I plan to buy our house. I rented it because I didn't have enough money and I couldn't turn it around. Now that I have money, I can buy it and rest assured."

Shen Mo naturally agreed, "Is Mr. Li willing to sell it?"

"Yes, but the price is high, it costs more than five hundred taels. But our shop has been here for so long, and its reputation has gone out. If you change the place rashly, you will only lose more. It's better to buy it."

"Although it is expensive. It's worth it, but it's worth it." Shen Mo said: "You have inquired about the private school. When are you going to send Xiaoyu to study? This is a major event, and it should not be delayed."

"Tomorrow, I will inquire about Mr. Gu's preferences, and tomorrow I will do it. Go." The

ancient gentleman was fifty-six out of six, a scholar who had been a scholar for fifteen years of the late emperor, and his essays were good, but for some unknown reason, he failed to become a jinshi again and again. Because his family was poor to make ends meet, he later gave up the imperial examination and returned to Liuzhen to open a private school.

The old gentleman is very polite. Because he doesn't like the smell of copper in businessmen, most of the students in the school are poor students.

For this reason, on the day of the visit, although Zhou Jing himself was dressed as usual, he asked Zhou Yu to specially change into coarse clothes that he hadn't worn for a long time.

"I'm not telling you to pretend to be poor, but your classmates are all poor kids, and you are not only extravagant and rich, but also very easy to be crowded out by other students. So whenever other students ask your family background, it's not easy to lie, you The meaning is vague, just make a fool of it."

"Yes, Dad, my son knows." When I found out

about Mr. Gu's preference, Zhou Jing didn't carry a lot of copper odor, but followed the ancient etiquette and brought six etiquette.

The six rites of apprenticeship refer to lotus seeds, longan, dates, celery, red beans and pork strips. The six things are not precious things, but they are in the mind and meaning. It is said that lotus seeds symbolize the master's hard work; celery is to encourage students to be diligent and eager to learn in their studies; longan is to hope that the students will be successful in their studies; jujube and red beans are to seek good luck, good luck, and early high school. As for pork strips, it was handed down from the time of Confucius, but it was used to replace beam repair at that time. Although today's Shuxiu has added money, pork sticks have been inherited as one of the six rituals.

The two took an ox cart to the front door of the 'Rende' private school. After a few knocks, they came out of a concierge. He looked at Zhou Jing and Zhou Yu up and down a few times. Seeing that Zhou Jing was dressed in wealth, he knew that Zhou Jing should be a businessman.

The Zhou family is no longer the Zhou family who set up a stall at the market, and they are reluctant to wear cotton clothes. Now it is supported by cloth houses, and it has long been normal to wear silk and satin on the body. This is also the reason why the concierge of the private school can see Zhou Jing's identity at a glance.

The concierge followed Mr. Gu, and there were many rich and noble people. In addition, they were all begging Mr. Gu to accept his son as a student. Most of the visitors were humble, and because Mr. Gu was famous for not accepting the sons of merchants to study, ten Eight or nine are going to be returned. So not only was he not afraid, but he learned from Mr. Gu and he didn't look down on businessmen. He felt that they were full of copper stench and did not have the loftiness of scholars.

The porter's tone was not polite, and he pointed to the back door, "Sir is teaching, you can go to the back door and wait." The

back door is not a place to receive regular guests.

Zhou Jing was not annoyed, but bowed to the concierge, and Zhou Yu followed suit.

In the past, when the merchants heard that they were asked to wait at the back door, even if they were not angry, it was only because of Mr. Gu's affection, and he had never been so polite. The concierge took a second glance.

Zhou Jing calmly held Zhou Yu's little hand and walked towards the back door, then asked, "Do you feel wronged? Obviously you didn't do anything, just because you can't change your identity, you have to suffer from this inexplicable idleness."

Zhou Jing's steps were not Not too big, just enough for Zhou Yu's small steps to keep up.

Zhou Yu shook his head and said, "My son is being made difficult by this for his studies. I don't know what it is, but it only hurts my father to be wronged."

Zhou Jing smiled, "Xiaoyu, we are a family that has both glory and loss, and there is absolutely no difference. It makes sense. So when you grow up in the future, you should think about your parents and the consequences of doing things first, and you must not be impulsive, otherwise your parents and you will be implicated. For the same reason, it is for the sake of You don't feel wronged in your studies, and neither does your father. Because if you are fortunate enough to get a job title in the future, your father will also be honored and respected by others, and no one dares to give him such a free time."

"Father . , my son knows what you mean, think twice, and plan ahead. The son will definitely study hard and live up to the grievances father has suffered for his son today."

"Xiaoyu, I guess Mr. Gu won't let us in so easily. If there is any difficulty, remember to act according to the opportunity, and don't play with the temper of a child." "Father

taught my son that if he can't bear to be small, he will make great plans, save it." When the

father and son came to the back door, they didn't knock on the door again, but kept going all the way. Standing at the door and waiting silently, he only occasionally said a couple of innocuous gossips, and didn't say a single complaint.

Just waited until the private school was over, and the students left one after another, without waiting for Mr. Gu to call in.

Standing outside for a long time, even if the autumn wind is not as good as the east wind, it is still frozen.

"Is it cold?"

Zhou Yu said, "Not cold."

But seeing his small body shivering, Zhou Jing picked him up, took off his coat and wrapped it in his arms.

In the hall, Mr. Gu drank a sip of hot tea and asked, "Have those two students left outside?" The

doorman replied, "No, not yet."

Mr. Gu was stunned, "I haven't left yet. Do you know which master this time is?"

"I don't know. But the villain sees that although the master is dressed in wealth, the child is dressed in ordinary clothes, like a villain's coarse linen. And this time the two are very different. The villain asked those masters to wait at the back door. Although he had never reprimanded the villain because of the gentleman's affection, he still had some expressions on his face. This time, the master even led his young master to bow to the villain, making the villain look small. People are embarrassed. Also, although the two of them have waited for two hours, they have never heard a word of complaint. Moreover, the master often tests the homework of the young master. I don't understand, it's not the ones that Mr. usually teaches."

"Oh?" Such words aroused the interest of Mr. Gu, a businessman who has read books? Mr. Gu pondered for a moment, put down the tea cup, "Please come in." The

father and son followed the doorman to the hall, and Zhou Jing bowed first, "Mr. Gu, next Zhou Jing, this is the child Zhou Yu, eight years old this year, please My husband is studying in a private school."

Zhou Jing, this name means that the old gentleman does not hear things outside the window, and he cannot ignore this famous name. The reason is that his wife is a loyal guest of the 'Meeting' cloth shop. Naturally, his financial resources cannot afford his wife to buy the luxurious dresses in the Zhou family's shop, but he can afford the bright cloth dyed by the Zhou family.

Mr. Gu nodded lightly, and did not appear to recognize Zhou Jing's identity. However, he noticed that the six rituals of apprenticeship in Zhou Jing's hands, not other extravagant things.

"Student Zhou Yu has met Mr. Gu." Zhou Yu gave the old gentleman a salutation without hesitation.

Zhou Jing behaved like a dog, but Mr. Gu had no reaction, but an eight-year-old child had to be noticed by Mr. Gu for being polite.

"Your name is Zhou Yu?"

"Yes." Zhou Yu was not at all afraid of Mr. Gu, let alone stage fright, and politely replied: "The student's name was taken by Dad, which means meeting. I am fortunate that Dad and Ah Me met, thank the students. I met Daddy."

The old master didn't understand what Zhou Yu said, he glanced at Zhou Jing, and secretly blamed him for pretending to be a scholar and telling the child some nonsense. To say that parents are thankful for meeting each other, then a child and a parent meet a fart, it is crawling out of the stomach.

However, due to the majesty of his father, Mr. Gu did not expose it.

He asked Zhou Yu, "Have you ever read books before? You studied with that master? Which books have you studied?"

"Mr. Hui, I studied with Master Chen for a period before, and I learned some characters. Halfway through. Later, when Master Chen left, he learned some from his father, who taught the students "The Art of War of Sun Tzu"."

"The Art of War of Sun Tzu?" He is literate and has read books and can teach his son some things. Mr. Gu did not dare to think that he would teach an eight-year-old child "Sun Tzu's Art of War". Not to mention whether an eight-year-old child can understand it, he said that he did not dare to say that he had thoroughly studied and learned such a profound military book. How could Zhou Jing dare to speak with a half-knowledge, and he was not afraid of misleading the child.

Mr. Gu glared at Zhou Jing in dissatisfaction, feeling that he had misunderstood his children, and he couldn't teach people a lesson without asking, so he walked as if to say: "Since you said that your father taught you "Grandson Art of War" How about you?"

"Sir, please tell me."

"I ask you, which is the first chapter of Sun Tzu's Art of War ?

"

Earth, the way of survival and death, must not be overlooked.

Therefore, the scriptures use five things to study them to obtain their feelings. Which five feelings?

" Say the law."

"Well." Mr. Gu nodded, "What do you understand? Listen to it with your own thoughts?"

Zhou Jing had asked him this question many times, so Zhou Yu didn't even need to think about it, he opened his mouth and said. : "The will of the people and democracy must be consistent in order to be single-minded and invincible in all attacks and wars. Winning or defeating is not an easy task, and the right time, place, and people must be taken into account. The generals are even more critical, and they need to be clearly rewarded and punished. Only when the system is implemented and the soldiers are well-trained can they defeat the enemy."

Mr. Gu did not expect Zhou Yu to answer in a good manner, and he was not taught to be wrong. He glanced at Zhou Jing and saw Zhou Jing's face. Lu smiled, very satisfied with his son's answer.

Mr. Gu, for some reason, felt dissatisfaction in his heart, and he was actually angry.

Then I asked: "Your answer is quite satisfactory, and there is nothing wrong with it. But reading is about applying what you have learned. Let me ask you what you think you have learned in this article?

" This is the criterion to make things happen. Of course, it is the same as my business at home."

In the end, the old master was not satisfied with this sentence, thinking to himself, this good child was taught a copper stench when he looked at how old he was, and he was thinking of doing business to make money.

Mr. Gu took five or six exams in one go, and Zhou Yu answered them fluently. Mr. Gu was not convinced. The children in his private school were older than Zhou Yu and had studied for a few more years, and they were not as transparent as Zhou Yu. If you don't believe in his teaching, it is better than a businessman's teaching.

After asking a few more questions, Zhou Yu finally asked Zhou Yu with a frown, his face wrinkled into a bun.

"Mr. Hui, my father hasn't taught me this."

Hehe, Mr. Gu is happy, it won't be good, he can teach it only if he doesn't.

"I'll recite a paragraph for you, and no one will teach you, so you can talk to me according to your own ideas." The old gentleman said: "Sun Tzu said: If you raise a teacher of 100,000, and go on a journey of thousands of miles, the people's expense... What's the explanation?

" Yu looked at Zhou Jing, Zhou Jing smiled at him, and motioned him to speak boldly and not be afraid of being wrong.

Zhou Yu stood in the middle of the ground thinking for a long time, but no one in the hall urged him.

"Students think that Sun Tzu's meaning is that fighting is a major event that will cost the people and money. It will affect the lives of the people. If you can use tricks or spies appropriately, you can also achieve the goal of winning."

Not only Mr. Gu, but also Zhou Jing's chin fell on the ground and couldn't pick it up. His son, an eight-year-old child, can understand this level by himself without anyone explaining it, just after listening to Mr. Gu memorize it. Isn't he really a genius?

Mr. Gu said sternly: "Your father really didn't tell you about this, so don't bluff me?"

Zhou Yu replied: "Really never, there is something wrong, it's the student's own random thinking, don't blame me sir."

Mr. Gu won't blame him, only Zhou Jing. This child is so smart, why didn't he deliver it earlier, and when he was in a businessman's family, he knew that making money was really a blind child.

"Cough cough..." Mr. Gu pretended to cough twice, "It's getting late, let's test you here today, and I will continue to test you in class tomorrow."

This is to accept him. Zhou Yu said happily: "The students have worshipped

the Master, and they will arrive early tomorrow." Mr. Gu looked at the back of the father and son and shook his head and sighed. "What's the matter, sir, but that child isn't a candidate for reading?" "That child isn't a candidate for reading, so no one is. I'm sorry that Zhou Jing is too old. I took the imperial examination road. But the children are taught well, and the moral character is rare among merchants."