Chapter 70 Bidding

Another year's autumn harvest, several families are happy and some are sad, because of the heavy rain in Liuzhen this year, the overall harvest is not good, at least 30% less than in previous years, but it is fortunate that Liuzhen County's grandfather reported to the court early, and the emperor ordered it after learning about it. Taxes were halved, which greatly reduced the pressure on farmers to pay taxes. Many farmers knelt on the ground and moved toward the county government.

In the past, Wangjia Village was the hardest hit area every year. Compared with the neighboring villages, there were more people and less land. For the whole family, the harvest was barely enough to eat for a year after deducting taxes. If it encounters floods like this year, then even if the court reduces taxes, it will be a problem. Almost every home can see old wives wiping their tears, men with frowning faces, and skinny children.

But this year, Wangjiacun's harvest was much worse than in previous years, but the faces of those who were bitter and bitter were nowhere to be seen.

Jiang Wei drove the ox cart and pulled the main house to Wangjia Village. On the way, he passed the crops of the villagers of Wangjia Village. Seeing that the villagers of Wangjia Village did not cry like other villagers in the crops, they were so sad and gloomy that he could not help but sigh.

"Master, it's a blessing to have such a kind-hearted master in Wangjia Village! This year, the harvest of the land is not good. Although the court has ordered tax reduction or exemption, for many people, this winter is not easy. I have seen other villages. It is not uncommon for the villagers to cry because of the harvest in the fields, but Wangjia Village has added a lot of income to them because of the relationship between your two workshops. Even if the harvest in the fields is not good, those monthly records can completely make up for the losses in the fields. For those people your family supplies, I'm afraid there will be leftovers."

Zhou Jing, who was sitting in the car, didn't say anything, but Shen Mo opened the curtains and looked longingly. The crops in the fields were already withered and yellow, and there were several crops All fell to the ground. In the past, at this time of the year, he was so envious that other people had land to harvest. He could only do odd jobs to earn food rations for those who had too much land. But this year, he no longer envied others, and even forgot at all. It's time for the autumn harvest.

"Where is this going? When the road proposed by Xiaomo is completed, they will know how much convenience this road will bring them." As

he spoke, the ox cart drove into Wangjia Village and came to the door of Wang Ren's house. . Because he and Wang Ren agreed to come to his house today to discuss the last time, Wang Ren came back very early and waited anxiously at the door for a long time. Seeing their bullock cart arrives, they hurriedly greeted them.

"Brother, have you thought of a way?"

Zhou Jing jumped off the ox cart and turned to help Shen Mo.

"There is a way, I will go into your house later and talk about it in detail. Be careful that the partition wall has ears."

Jiang Wei tied the ox cart in the yard and said with interest: "Master, I will guard you outside and make sure not to put a mouse in it."

The three entered the room, and Shen Lin was there. He didn't go out to wait because he was pregnant, but his stomach wasn't big enough to tell.

Shen Mo first went over to ask him a few questions, and then asked him a few more questions, and then the four of them started talking about business.

"Xiao Mo has already thought of an idea, and it's an idea that is very beneficial to us. I'm not in a hurry to contact you these days, I'm just making plans." Zhou Jing took out a thick stack from his arms.

"This is... road building?" Wang Ren picked up the plan and glanced hurriedly, and almost immediately understood what he meant after seeing the few plans Zhou Jing had made. "Why didn't I expect that during the heavy snow and rain every year, the road in the village would not be able to travel, and our goods would naturally not be shipped out. Brother, you are so smart. If you hadn't brought it up, my brother and I would have forgotten about it. How much will I lose when I wait!"

Zhou Jing and Zhou Yu had praised him at home before, and to be honest, he had always distrusted Zhou Jing's praise of him. It's not that Zhou Jing is a man full of lies, but that Zhou Jing is so blindly boasting about his affairs. Zhou Jingguan said that Xishi is in the eyes of a lover.

Now that Wang Ren praised him so much, he believed that he really made a very good suggestion. Being praised so frankly by his brother-in-law, Shen Mo felt very embarrassed and blushed.

Shen Lin said proudly: "That's right, my elder brother is very capable. In the past, he was able to support us alone, which is more capable than a man."

Zhou Jing smiled and looked at Shen Mo, "Indeed, your elder brother is very capable. , However, I think I am more capable, because I can speak of Xiao Mo as a capable husband."

These words were already equivalent to a fiery confession, and Shen Mo's face was blushing to the point of bleeding. The beautiful Danfeng stared at Zhou Jing, saying that she was angry, more like a hooker.

Shen Lin said in his heart: "..."

Wang Ren said in his heart, "Brother is very good, he has the ability to do business, and he is even more capable of telling love stories. He is a role model for him to learn from.

" .

"Brother-in-law, let me do a simple calculation. The road from the dyeing workshop to Wangjia Village is about 5 kilometers, and the end of Wangjia Village to the beginning of the village is about 4 kilometers, and finally it is about 15 kilometers from the beginning of Wangjia Village to the town. That is, the total length of the road that we need to build is about 25 kilometers. If we hire 30 men, it will take about 30 days, 30 wen per day, and food plus the previous road repair money, about 900 taels Around silver."

"Nine hundred taels?" Wang Ren asked in surprise: "That many?"

Zhou Ding head: "Yes, this is just an estimate, the fluctuation of one hundred taels is normal."

Wang Ren licked the corner of his mouth, and his throat could hear it at that time. Dumb, "Brother, this money is too huge, how can we make so much money in our sausage shop."

"I know, it is precisely because I know that I asked you to discuss. You also saw that day, the people who come to the county magistrate's mansion are all deeply rooted businessmen in our Liu Town, and one of them is the leader of all walks of life, it stands to reason At most, the two of us are not enough to look at. We shouldn't be looking for a small family like us, but after all, they are still looking for us. Later, I thought about it and felt that he should mainly be looking for me, the business of Buzhuang. It's too eye-catching. The monthly tax payment can't be hidden from the eyes of the county magistrate. As for you, I should have been implicated. The sausage shop was opened by the two of us, and we are such relatives. The county magistrate thinks that Buzhuang is also run by the two of us, and I am afraid that I will not be the master, so I invite you too."

The business at Buzhuang originally planned to bring Wang Ren over to help, but Shen Lin became pregnant later. The sausage shop was expanded again, and it was over.

Therefore, Wang Ren only has a rough guess as to how much profit the cloth village has made. Now listening to Zhou Jing say this, and thinking that the county magistrate regards Zhou Jing's status as the businessman who has been rooted in Liuzhen for decades, and is the leader of various industries, he can't help but secretly panic. The Zhou family's cloth village may be as profitable as rumored outside.

Zhou Jing continued: "I don't want to say whether we can afford such a large amount of money alone, but only one point is that we absolutely can't take it alone."

"Why?" Wang Ren asked.

"It's too eye-catching, the tree is big and attracts the wind. If it rises too fast,

it will only make people jealous." The Zhou family's business in Liuzhen has been less than a year. .

"My idea is that the money is nominally paid by the two of us, so one can't afford it, and the two co-authors can barely get it. In fact, you can just put your name on it, you don't need to take the money."

Wang Ren was too late . Thinking of Zhou Jing's generosity, he hurriedly waved his hand and said, "I can't spare my money without spending my money."

"I know how much the sausage shop earns every month. If you think of this money, you have enough money. Besides, you are also implicated by me. You only have one name and it helps a lot, and it can block the eyes of many people. "The

sausage shop's income is very good now, more than 100 taels per month, and the two share the net profit of 60 to 70 taels equally, but this is not enough to compare with 900 taels.

"Brother, you can't say that. Since I have a reputation, there is no reason to make a point. If I have more, I will have difficulties, but I can still afford it for a hundred taels."

Zhou Jing shook his head, "Fifty Two, just decide that you don't make any money. Tell your father to find thirty willing men as soon as possible. It doesn't matter if they are from our Wangjia Village or other villages. If the harvest is not successful this year, there will definitely be some. Many men are scrambling to do it, let's try to finish it before the frozen ground, otherwise we will not be able to dig in the frozen land."

"Okay, I will go back and discuss it with my father."

When the county magistrate's note was issued, those businessmen One by one only said to take the money, and there was no serious idea at all.

The county magistrate was so angry that he smashed a teacup, and suddenly said, "Zhou Jing, what's your idea?"

Zhou Jing was stunned for a moment, but he didn't expect to be named suddenly, but he went ahead as planned.

After hearing this, the county magistrate smiled and said, "Very good, this is a good idea, alright, just let it go. If you do it well, I will show my merit for you."

Zhou Jing hurriedly said, "I dare not, it's all adults. Wise." The

crowd dispersed, and Zhou Jing stayed behind on the grounds that some details needed to be discussed with the county magistrate.

In fact, the two of them knew Zhou Jing's true meaning, but the county magistrate still pretended to ask: "Is there any difficulty?"

Zhou Jing bowed and saluted and took a few steps forward, took out a thousand taels of silver from his sleeves and put it in the on the table.

"Although there are difficulties, but for the people and the court villains, I will definitely overcome them with all my strength." The

county magistrate laughed at the numbers on the bank note, and put it into his sleeves.

"You can rest assured that if the imperial envoy comes, I will definitely show your merit for you."

"Don't dare to show merit, it's all wise adults." After a few more flattering words, the county magistrate let Zhou Jing leave.

The autumn harvest only lasts ten days. After ten days, I heard that Wangjiacun will build a road and pay thirty cents a day to provide a lunch. If it is processed, it will add silver and another dinner.

Wang Fulu, the overseer, after all, this is the road of Wangjia Village. In the end, it is Wangjia Village who will benefit from it, so Wang Fulu is the most suitable for overseeing. In order to avoid being deceived by some things he did not understand, he hired five other stewards. They don't need to work, they just watch people work and give advice, but the wages are 40 cents per person. The mother-in-law who did the food hired three, and each person paid 20 cents, because only one meal was cooked, and the processing would only make two meals, so the wages were less.

Almost everyone knows the inconvenience that the village road brings to the villagers, but no one dares to think that this road will be repaired for free. Knowing that the money for the road construction was given by Zhou Jing and Wang Ren, let alone what Zhou Jing was praised as, even Wang Ren's father, Wang Fulu, was treated more respectfully by the villagers.

With the completion of the road in Wangjia Village, the chidori feather fans and chidori feather coats of the Zhou family have been made one after another. The embroidery ladies' 50 taels of silver were paid out, and each of them was given an additional 10 taels of silver. Among them, Jiang's was the best, and Yueyue could get the first place, so she gave her 22 taels. . In addition, these embroiderers were hired to work in the dyeing workshop. The monthly rate was different from that of others. They were paid 22 taels per month, and only part of the embroidery on the skirts with a unit price of more than 300 taels was done. Both mornings and evenings are allowed to leave work an hour earlier. Zhou Jing gave these conditions mainly because the embroiderers were skilled and wanted to keep them, and they needed to be used in the future when there were feather clothes.

Fifty taels of silver plus the 10 taels of bonus money given, a total of 62 taels. Even if the man in the family broke the backbone of such a large sum of money, he may not be able to earn it. Now it is earned by the mother-in-law at home. These women's status at home overnight. become different. In front of her in-laws, her back was straight, and her words were emboldened, and her mother-in-law didn't dare to arbitrarily handle it.

Jiang shi looked at Yinzi with tears in his eyes, the family could finally live a good life, no longer need to pick up rotten leaves to eat, and no longer need to look at people's faces. With this money, not only can I pay off my debts, I can even buy my own house again before this year.

The Zhou family finally released the wind and the Chidori feather coat was officially launched on December 15th. Because it is rare, only one piece will be made in a few months, so the feather coat will be auctioned. Those who come to participate in the feather coat auction must hold an invitation from the Zhou family to enter the auction venue.

Chidori feather clothes are quite famous in the dynasty, because they are rare, they are extremely precious. Although Zhou Jing only released the news two months in advance, when the auction day came, people from all over the world came. Many of them were not from Liu Zhen at all, and they didn't know that they got Zhou Jing's invitation through that connection, and they sat safely in their seats.

The venue for the auction was set on the second floor of the shop opened by Zhou Jing and Fan Xin, and the name of the shop was even more straightforward, it was called Chidori Yui.

It is impossible to mass-produce Chidori feather coats, only one or two pieces a year. Zhou Jing planned to auction them all, so the shop was designed so that the center of the second floor is hollowed out, with tables lined up in a circle, which can be accessed from the upper floor. Looking at the first floor clearly, there are also tables and chairs on the first floor. There are a total of thirty-eight seats upstairs and downstairs, and each table can seat four people.

The auction was full of seats on this day. Unlike the previous show, this time it was obviously a dress worn by a woman, but many gentlemen also came. Zhou Jing looked at the people from all over the world with joy.

He stood on the first floor and introduced loudly: "I don't need to elaborate on the reputation of Qiandori Yuyi, everyone knows its preciousness and rarity. I only heard of one from the south before, and it was loved by nobles and treasured. I can't see it. Today I got one by luck, and I don't dare to hide it, but I will share it with you."

"Before I invite ladies and gentlemen to appreciate it, what I want to say is that my chidori feather coat is different from other's. My family's chidori feather coat only uses gold thread and silver thread, and it is equally rare. Except for these three kinds of threads, the whole feather coat has absolutely no other thread."

"Furthermore, the biggest difference in my feather coat is that my feather coat only has auspiciousness and blessings, not resentment. Many Everyone knows that many manufacturers of feather coats used to pluck the feathers of rare birds when they were alive, and the feathers were covered with blood when they were plucked. Death, how can these rare birds not hate, after all, it is using its life to make a human clothes. And a feather coat needs thousands of rare birds, and the grievances of thousands of rare birds are gathered in one piece On the feather coat, how can the person wearing the feather coat be good?"

"But my feather coat is different. My feather coat is in a place where rare birds often gather. It is collected and selected little by little over decades, not directly from rare birds. The embroidery lady who embroidered the feather coat ate a vegetarian meal half a month before embroidering the feather coat, and even bathed and burned incense, and prayed for the owner of the feather coat with every embroidery stitch, so this Qiandori Yuyi also carries thousands of blessings, and with these thousands of blessings, the owner of Yuyi will definitely go well and be lucky."

Many people know that Yuyi needs to pluck hairs from living birds. Attracted by the beauty of the feather coat, I never pursued it. When Zhou Jing said that today, I felt horrified, and it was a good thing to carry the resentment of a thousand rare birds.

I also heard that Zhou Jing's feather clothes were not obtained this way, but by bathing in incense and praying for blessings. Just for this point, there are many nobles who are willing to throw money.

Zhou Jing saw that the expressions of several women became excited, and he knew that his marketing purpose had been achieved.

"Now, I won't say more, just please enjoy Chidori Yui."

Because of the preciousness of the chidori feather coat, and to keep it mysterious, instead of inviting a model, a model with a graceful figure was made to wear the chidori feather coat. The model stepped on two rolling wheels, which could be used by Pushing it back and forth is convenient for everyone to enjoy.

Shen Mo and Zhao Cui were specially trained by Zhou Jing, wearing Zhou Jiabuzhuang's long gown and skirt and special white satin gloves to push the model out, while Fan Xin followed behind them, first to stop the guests present. The second is to protect Chidori Yui.

The chidori feather coat is embroidered with cloud brocade as the base. The whole feather coat is covered with feathers. Its main body is the tail feathers of the peacock. It is not visible. The colorful feathers fly gracefully. The dark gemstones are used as the bird's eye of the bird's feather, and the feathers are sewn with gold and silver threads or deer-tail wool threads according to the depth of the color. The back is pure and elegant white, without a trace of variegation.

Wearing it on a wooden fake model, there is an illusion that the Nine Heavens Fairy has fallen into the mortal world. If it is worn on a woman with a beautiful appearance, what kind of prosperous beauty would it be?

The ladies and ladies present were not unmoved, and some of the businessmen who did not know them had their eyes changed.

Shen Mo and Zhao Cui stood on the left and right of the model, holding the model's waist with both white-gloved hands and pushing it steadily forward, first walking to a table on the right hand side of the first floor.

At this time, Fan Xin took a few steps forward, bowed and said respectfully, "Master, Madam, this is our family's chidori feather robe, which has gathered thousands of blessings, and those who wear it will surely be blessed and everything goes well. Look at the place where the peacock feathers are, this is a gem, just one..."

Before Fan Xin's lines, Zhou Jing prepared several sets for him. They are similar to each other, but they are just talking to people, talking to ghosts, and coaxing the master. The ladies have money in their sleeves.

Not to mention that the person at the table was disturbed and the person at the next table came up and couldn't wait to see it. What's more, the person upstairs leaned down most of his body and stretched his neck to look at it. Zhou Jing's heart was trembling because he was afraid that he would accidentally fall down.

Zhou Jing hurriedly said: "Don't worry, everyone, Chidori Yuyi will be pushed in front of everyone for you to appreciate in detail, and everyone will not fall, and then the auction will start."

Madam was attracted by Chidori Yuyi, and she couldn't help reaching out to ask for it. to touch. But she was stopped by a hand in the middle, and it was Zhao Cui who stopped her.

Zhao Cui had a standard eight-tooth smile on her face, and bowed before speaking.

"I'm sorry ma'am, because Chidori Yuyi gathers thousands of blessings from embroidered ladies after bathing and burning incense to ensure that this blessing will not be contaminated by others, so no one is allowed to touch it until Chidori Yuyi finds its true owner. You see, we are all wearing such a thing to ensure that our skin is not stained with feather coats, regardless of the owner's blessing. So I am very sorry ma'am."

If these words were put in other places, the madam would be furious. At this moment, after Zhou Jing's brainwashing, it made people feel that it was right, and even added the mystery and preciousness of the feather clothes.